krainaksiazek a matter of conscience 20169539
- znaleziono 11 produktów w 2 sklepach
Książki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Fiction & related items>Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Between the World and Me Random House
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Hailed by Toni Morrison as "required reading," a bold and personal literary exploration of America's racial history by "the single best writer on the subject of race in the United States" ( The New York Observer ) §§"This is your country, this is your world, this is your body, and you must find some way to live within the all of it."§§In a profound work that pivots from the biggest questions about American history and ideals to the most intimate concerns of a father for his son, Ta-Nehisi Coates offers a powerful new framework for understanding our nation's history and current crisis. Americans have built an empire on the idea of "race," a falsehood that damages us all but falls most heavily on the bodies of black women and men-bodies exploited through slavery and segregation, and, today, threatened, locked up, and murdered out of all proportion. What is it like to inhabit a black body and find a way to live within it? And how can we all honestly reckon with this fraught history and free ourselves from its burden?§§Between the World and Me is Ta-Nehisi Coates's attempt to answer these questions in a letter to his adolescent son. Coates shares with his son-and readers-the story of his awakening to the truth about his place in the world through a series of revelatory experiences, from Howard University to Civil War battlefields, from the South Side of Chicago to Paris, from his childhood home to the living rooms of mothers whose children's lives were taken as American plunder. Beautifully woven from personal narrative, reimagined history, and fresh, emotionally charged reportage, Between the World and Me clearly illuminates the past, bracingly confronts our present, and offers a transcendent vision for a way forward.§§Praise for Between the World and Me §§"I've been wondering who might fill the intellectual void that plagued me after James Baldwin died. Clearly it is Ta-Nehisi Coates. The language of Between the World and Me, like Coates's journey, is visceral, eloquent, and beautifully redemptive. And its examination of the hazards and hopes of black male life is as profound as it is revelatory. This is required reading." -Toni Morrison§§"Ta-Nehisi Coates is the James Baldwin of our era, and this is his cri de coeur . A brilliant thinker at the top of his powers, he has distilled four hundred years of history and his own anguish and wisdom into a prayer for his beloved son and an invocation to the conscience of his country. Between the World and Me is an instant classic and a gift to us all." -Isabel Wilkerson, author of The Warmth of Other Suns §§"Immense, multifaceted . . . This is a poet's book, revealing the sensibility of a writer to whom words-exact words-matter. . . . As a meditation on race in America, haunted by the bodies of black men, women, and children, Coates's compelling, indeed stunning, work is rare in its power to make you want to slow down and read every word. This is a book that will be hailed as a classic of our time." - Publishers Weekly (starred review)§§"The powerful story of a father's past and a son's future . . . Coates offers this eloquent memoir as a letter to his teenage son, bearing witness to his own experiences and conveying passionate hopes for his son's life. . . . This moving, potent testament might have been titled Black Lives Matter ." - Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
Their Greatest Misses ONE DAY MUSIC
1. Under The Moon Of Love - Curtis Lee 2. Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide - Marvin Gaye 3. The White Rose Of Athens - Nana Mouskouri 4. Angel Face - Billy Fury 5. Who Do You Love? - Bo Diddley 6. Teen Scene - The Hunters 7. Heartaches - Connie Francis 8. Blue Days, Black Nights - Buddy Holly 9. Some Other Guy - Richie Barrett 10. Ring-a-my Phone - Brenda Lee 11. Girl In Saskatoon - Johnny Cash 12. And Then There Were Drums - Sandy Nelson 13. W-o-m-a-n - Etta James 14. The Gypsy Song - Tommy Boyce 15. As Long As I Live - Jackie Wilson 16. Will You Love Me Tomorrow - Mike Berry 17. It's Sure Gonna Hurt - Dolly Parton 18. Mister Lonely - The Videls 19. I Want A Guy - The Supremes 101. Twenty Flight Rock - Eddie Cochran 102. Summertime - Sam Cooke 103. I'm Gonna Love You Too - Buddy Holly 104. Twist Little Sister - Brian Poole & The Tremelo 105. Oh, Neil! - Carole King 106. Tell Laura I Love Her - John Leyton 107. Spanish Lace - The Four Seasons 108. A Night At Daddy Gee's - Curtis Lee 109. Fujiyama Mama - Wanda Jackson 110. Turn Around, Look At Me - Glen Campbell 111. My First Real Love - Connie Francis 112. He's Old Enough To Know Better - The Crickets 113. Sometimes I Wonder - The Drifters 114. The Feeling Is So Fine - The Miracles 115. It's Just A Matter Of Time - Mike Berry 116. Keep A-lovin' Me - The Everly Brothers 117. High School Confidential - Adam Faith 118. The Shape I'm In - Johnny Restivo 119. You Can't Catch Me - Chuck Berry 120. Doomsday Rock - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen 201. I Love You Because - Elvis Presley 202. Lover Please - Dennis Turner 203. Baby Sittin' - Carole King 204. Talkin' 'Bout You - Ray Charles 205. Jet Black - The Drifters 206. Makin' Love - Vince Eager 207. Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad - Wanda Jackson 208. Honeycomb - Marty Wilde & His Wildcats 209. I'll Find You - Gene Pitney 210. Baby, She's Gone - Jack Scott 211. Jambalaya - Brenda Lee 212. Fortune Teller - Benny Spellman 213. Boo Hoo - Marvin Rainwater 214. Back To School Again - Wee Willie Harris 215. Lotta Lovin' - Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps 216. Going Home To Mary Lou - Neil Sedaka 217. Pretty Little Pearly - Terry Dene 218. That's All I Need To Know - Sam Cooke 219. Wake Me When It's Over - Willie Nelson 220. Hushabye Little Guitar - Paul Evans
Kersten Memoirs 1940-1945 Ishi Press
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Did any real ideas lie behind National Socialism? Such purposeful material power must have indicated, one might suppose, a corresponding power within. If anyone still credits the movement of Adolf Hitler with a serious ideology, that person's duty is to read Heinrich Himmler's pathetic, pedantic monologues on the principles on which the post-war New Europe was to be rebuilt. Felix Kersten, Himmler's personal manual therapist, has recorded their conversations between 1940 and 1945 as his dreaded patient lay, relaxed and grateful, under his soothing hands.But there is another side to this astounding document. Holding as he did the keys of Himmler's physical salvation, Kersten became the all-powerful confessor who could manipulate at will the conscience as well as the stomach of that terrible, impersonal, inhuman, but naive mystical credulous tyrant of the New Order. How did Kersten use these extra-ordinary opportunities? Thousands of Dutchmen, Germans. Jews and indeed others owe their survival to his intercession. The Finnish Legation used him to rescue Norwegian and Danish prisoners; the World Jewish Congress credits him with the rescue of 60,000 Jews; he particularly devoted himself to the interests of Holland. Himmler himself .saw perfectly well what was happening, but could do nothing. "Kersten messages a life out of me," he once said, "with every rub."Hugh Trevor-Roper writes in his introduction: "Since historical accident drew me into this controversy, and human interest prevented me from dropping it till I had satisfied myself on every point, I may claim an intimate knowledge of the matter, and it gives me great pleasure to be able to publish the facts in the form of an introduction to this book. . . . As far as honesty of purpose and authenticity of documentation are concerned I am pleased to support with such authority as I possess the accuracy of these memoirs of Felix Kersten."
Muzyka>Hip-hop / Rap>R&B
1. Redding,otis - These Arms Of Mine 2. Brown,james - Please Please Please 3. James,etta - At Last 4. Warwick,dionne - Don't Make Me Over 5. Thomas,carla - A Love Of My Own 6. Supremes,the/ross,diana - Your Heart Belongs To Me 7. Hunter,ivory Joe - Since I Met You Baby 8. Hearts,the - I Feel So Good 9. Charles,ray - Unchain My Heart 10. Tex,joe - Blessed Are These Tears 11. Knight,gladys/pips,the - Letter Full Of Tears 12. Wells,mary - Bye Bye Baby 13. Marvelettes,the - Beechwood 4-5789 14. Spellman,benny - Lipstick Traces(on A Cigarette) 15. Willis,chuck - It's Too Late 16. Benton,brook - A Rainy Night In Georgia 17. Little Stevie Wonder - Sunset 18. Turner,ike & Tina - I've Been Loving You Too Long 19. King,ben E. - Spanish Harlem 20. Cooke,sam - Wonderful World 101. James,etta - I Just Want To Make Love To You 102. Cooke,sam - Chain Gang 103. Turner,ike & Tina - I'm Jealous 104. King,ben E. - What A Difference A Day Made 105. Neville,aaron - Tell It Like It Is 106. Hawkins,screamin' Jay - I Put A Spell On You 107. Benton,brook - Hotel Happiness 108. Brown,james - You're Mine,you're Mine 109. Sam & Dave - I Need Love 110. Temptations,the - (You're My)dream Come True 111. Impressions,the - Grow Closer Together 112. Marvelettes,the - Please Mr. Postman 113. Butler,jerry - He Will Break Your Heart 114. Holland,eddie - Jamie 115. Cardinals,the - Shouldn't I Know 116. Wilson,jackie - Indian Love Call 117. Baker,la Vern - Play It Fair 118. Thomas,carla - Gee Whiz!(look At His Eyes) 119. Franklin,aretha - Try A Little Tenderness 120. Booker T. & The Mg's - Behave Yourself 201. Brown,james - It's A Man's,man's,man's World 202. Phillips,esther - Try Me 203. Cooke,sam - You Send Me 204. Sam & Dave - No More Pain 205. King,ben E. - Stand By Me 206. Thomas,carla - B-a-b-y 207. James,etta - Something's Got A Hold On Me 208. Wilson,jackie - To Be Loved 209. Butler,jerry/impressions,the - For Your Precious L 210. Martha/vandellas,the - My Baby Won't Come Back 211. Coasters,the - Down In Mexico 212. Drifters,the - Dance With Me 213. Impressions,the - Gypsy Woman 214. Shirelles,the - Dedicated To The One I Love 215. Edwards,tommy - It's All In The Game 216. Chandler,gene - Duke Of Earl 217. Benton,brook - It's Just A Matter Of Time 218. Little Stevie Wonder - Ain't That Love 219. Charles,ray - Don't Let The Sun Catch Your Crying 220. Gaye,marvin - Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide 301. Booker T. & The Mg's - Green Onions 302. Gaye,marvin/vandellas,the - Stubborn Kind Of Fello 303. Commodores,the - I Know I'm Losing You 304. Brown,james - Try Me 305. Pickett,wilson - If You Need Me 306. Phillips,esther - Release Me 307. Knight,gladys/pips,the - Every Beat Of My Heart 308. Burke,solomon - I'm Hanging Up My Heart For You 309. Cooke,sam - Bring It On Home To Me 310. King,ben E. - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow 311. Turner,ike & Tina - I Idolize You 312. Jackson,chuck - I Don't Want To Cry 313. Benton,brook - Kiddio 314. Wilson,jackie - That's Why(i Love You So) 315. Everly Brothers,the - All I Have To Do Is Dream 316. Ruffin,jimmy - Heart 317. Supremes,the/ross,diana - Baby Don't Go 318. Little Stevie Wonder - I Call It Pretty Music But 319. Hawkins,screamin' Jay - I Hear Voices 320. Charles,ray - Georgia On My Mind
Super 60's Soul Not Now Music Limited
Muzyka>Rhythm & Blues / Soul
1. You've Really Got A Hold On Me - The Miracles 2. Shop Around - Mary Wells 3. I Want A Guy - The Marvelettes 4. Do You Love Me - The Contours 5. Your Heart Belongs To Me - The Supremes 6. (I'm Afraid) The Masquerade Is Over - Marvin Ga 7. Ain't That Love - Stevie Wonder 8. Don't Feel Sorry For Me - Jimmy Ruffin 9. Camel Walk - Saundra Mallet & The Vandellas 10. It Moves Me - Eddie Holland 11. Whirlwind - Barrett Strong 12. My Baby Won't Come Back - Martha & The Vandella 13. This Is Our Night - The Creations 14. But I'm Afraid - Debbie Dean 15. Come To Me - Marv Johnson 16. Money (That's What I Want) - The Miracles 17. Your Baby's Back - The Downbeats 18. The Day Will Come - Freddie Gorman 19. Same Thing - Gino Parks 20. I'll Never Break Your Heart (Pt ) - Joe Tex 21. Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide - Marvin Gaye 22. I've Got A Notion - Mary Wells 23. Motor City - The Satintones 24. Romance Without Finance - The Temptations 25. Congo (Pt ) - The Twistin' Kings 101. Fingertips - Stevie Wonder 102. Never Again - The Supremes 103. Never Let You Go - Marvin Gaye 104. You've Got What It Takes - Barrett Strong 105. I Don't Want To Take A Chance - Mary Wells 106. All The Love I've Got - The Marvelettes 107. Mind Over Matter (I'm Gonna Make You Mine) - Th 108. Check Yourself - The Temptations 109. Solid Sender - Chico Leverett 110. Cause I Love You - The Miracles 111. Whole Lotta Woman - The Contours 112. I'm In Love - David Ruffin 113. Please Mr Postman - The Marvelettes 114. Jamie - Eddie Holland 115. Don't Let Him Shop Around - Debbie Dean 116. Whisper - Marv Johnson 117. Someday We'll Be Together - Johnny & Jackey 118. Shimmy Gully - Popcorn & The Mohawks 119. I Love The Way You Love - Mary Wells 120. Ain't It Baby - The Miracles 121. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow - Marvin Gaye 122. Yes No, Maybe So - Barrett Strong 123. Going To The Hop - The Satintones 124. That Child Is Really Wild - Singin' Sammy Ward 125. It's Been A Long Time - The Five Quails 201. Shop Around - The Miracles 202. I'm Yours, You're Mine - Marvin Gaye 203. Congo (Pt ) - The Twistin' Kings 204. The Stretch - The Contours 205. Trouble Lover - The Charters 206. You Knows What To Do - Barrett Strong 207. Bye Bye Baby - Mary Wells 208. Take A Chance On Me - Eddie Holland 209. Dearest One - Lamont Dozier 210. A New Girl - Debbie Dean 211. Soul Bongo - Stevie Wonder 212. Who Wouldn't Love A Man Like That - Mable John 213. Hello There Angel - Marvin Gaye 214. (He's) Seventeen - The Supremes 215. It - Ron & Bill 216. Way Over There - The Marvelettes 217. Bad Girl - The Miracles 218. Tomorrow And Always - The Satintones 219. Come To Me - Mary Wells 220. Misery - Barrett Strong 221. Oh, Mother Of Mine - The Temptations 222. Lover - Sherri Taylor & Singin' Sammy Ward 223. There He Is (At My Door) - The Vells 224. I'll Be Here - Shorty Long
Collected Poems of John Donne WORDSWORTH EDITIONS
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
John Donne (1572-1631) is a poet of concerted emotional and intellectual force, whose strenuously original approach to the subject matter, diction and form of verse re-made English poetry. Donne's poetry combines paradoxical wit, scientific and theological learning with the rhythms and diction of spoken language. Crises of love, conscience, and faith are the great concerns of his poetry which is by turns exalted or disenchanted, direct or oblique, morally profound or outrageously spiteful.
Detroit Special JASMINE
1. Money - Barrett Strong 2. Way Over There - The Miracles 3. Shop Around - The Miracles 4. Bye Bye Baby - Mary Wells 5. Oh Lover - Singin' Sammy Ward & Sherri Taylor 6. (You Can) Depend On Me - The Miracles 7. Please Forgive Me - Mary Wells 8. Who's Lovin' You - The Miracles 9. Oh I Apologize - Barrett Strong 10. That's Why I Love You So Much - Singin' S 11. Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide - Marvin Gaye 12. Buttered Popcorn - The Supremes 13. Who's Lovin' You - The Supremes 14. Oh Mother Mine - The Temptations 15. Romance Without Finance - The Temptations 16. Do You Love Me - The Contours 17. Check Yourself - The Temptations 18. Your Wonderful Love - The Temptations 19. I'll Have To Let Him Go - Martha & The Vandellas 20. My Baby Won't Come Back - Martha & The Vandellas 21. Mind Over Matter (I'm Gonna Make You Mine) - The 22. I'll Love You Till I Die - The Pirates (The Temp 23. Little Water Boy - Little Stevie Wonder 24. La La La La La - Little Stevie Wonder 25. Let Me Go The Right Way - The Supremes 26. Time Changes Things - The Supremes 27. Shake Sherrie - The Contours 28. Hitch Hike - Marvin Gaye 101. The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells 102. Take A Chance On Me - Eddie Holland 103. I've Been Good To You - The Miracles 104. I Want A Guy - The Marvelettes 105. Greetings (This Is Uncle Sam) - The Valadiers 106. Jamie - Eddie Holland 107. Twistin' Postman - The Marvelettes 108. I'm Gonna Stay - Mary Wells 109. What's So Good About Good Bye - The Miracles 110. Take A Chance - The Valadiers 111. Whole Lotta Woman - The Contours 112. I Want A Guy - The Supremes 113. Never Again - The Supremes 114. (You're My) Dream Come True - The Temptations 115. Isn't She Pretty - The Temptations 116. All The Love I've Got - The Marvelettes 117. Your Heart Belongs To Me - The Supremes 118. (He's) Seventeen - The Supremes 119. I Call It Pretty Music (Pt.1) - Little Stevie Wo 120. I Call It Pretty Music (Pt.2) - Little Stevie Wo 121. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow - Marvin Gaye 122. Strange I Know - The Marvelettes 123. Too Strong To Be Strung Along - The Marvelettes 124. Paradise - The Temptations 125. Slow Down Heart - The Temptations 126. You Really Got A Hold On Me - The Miracles 127. Contract On Love - Little Stevie Wonder 128. Sunset - Little Stevie Wonder
Muzyka>Rhythm & Blues / Soul>Soul
1. (I'm Afraid) The Masquerade Is Over (Single Versio 2. My Funny Valentine 3. Witchcraft (Single Version) 4. Easy Living 5. How Deep Is The Ocean (How High Is The Sky) 6. Love For Sale 7. Always 8. How High The Moon 9. Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide (Single Version) 10. Never Let You Go (Sha Lu Bop) (Single Version) 11. You Don't Know What Love Is 101. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow (Album Version / Stereo) 102. Pride & Joy 103. Hitch Hike (Single Version / Mono) 104. Get My Hands On Some Lovin' 105. Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) (Album Vers 106. Soldier's Plea (Single Version / Mono) 107. It Hurt Me Too (Single Version / Mono) 108. Taking My Time (Single Version / Mono) 109. Hello There Angel (Single Version / Mono) 110. I'm Yours, You're Mine (Album Version / Mono) 201. You've Changed 202. I Was Telling Her About You 203. I Wonder (Mono Version) 204. I'll Be Around 205. Because Of You 206. I Don't Know Why 207. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face 208. When Your Lover Has Gone 209. When I'm Alone I Cry 210. If My Heart Could Sing (Single Version (Stereo)) 301. Hello Broadway 302. People 303. The Party's Over 304. On The Street Where You Live 305. What Kind Of Fool Am I 306. My Kind Of Town 307. Days Of Wine & Roses 308. This Is The Life 309. My Way 310. Hello Dolly 311. Walk On The Wild Side 401. Once Upon A Time (Single Version / Mono) 402. Deed I Do 403. Until I Met You (Corner Pocket) 404. Together 405. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons (Album Versio 406. The Late Late Show 407. After The Lights Go Down Low 408. Just Squeeze Me (But Don't Tease Me) (Album Versio 409. What's The Matter With You Baby (Single Version / 410. You Came A Long Way From St. Louis 501. You're A Wonderful One (Album Version / Stereo) 502. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) (Album Versio 503. Try It Baby (Stereo Version) 504. Baby Don't You Do It (Stereo Version) 505. Need Your Lovin' (Want You Back) (Stereo Version) 506. One Of These Days (Stereo Version) 507. No Good Without You (Stereo Version) 508. Stepping Closer To Your Heart (Stereo Version) 509. Need Somebody (Stereo Version) 510. Me & My Lonely Room (Stereo Version) 511. Now That You've Won Me (Stereo Version) 512. Forever (Stereo Version) 601. Nature Boy 602. Ramblin Rose 603. Too Young 604. Pretend 605. Straighten Up & Fly Right 606. Mona Lisa 607. Unforgettable 608. To The Ends Of The Earth 609. Sweet Lorraine 610. It's Only A Paper Moon 611. Send For Me 612. Calypso Blues
Acceptable Loss HEADLINE
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
The seventeenth novel in Anne Perry's acclaimed William Monk series 1864 - Monk and his wife Hester are doing their best to care for Scuff - a homeless boy slowly recovering from a terrifying ordeal at the hands of Jericho Phillips, the runner of a child prostitution ring. Although Scuff's evil abductor is dead, there is no suggestion that the ring has been broken and Scuff is certain that more children are suffering an even worse fate. Monk is determined to find the remaining children and uncover, once and for all, the men funding the operation. And when the body of small-time crook Mickey Parfitt washes up on Mortlake's shore, it fortuitously points him in the right direction. But as Monk's investigation continues, the reputations of respected gentlemen, including Arthur Ballinger, father-in-law of Monk's friend Oliver Rathbone, start being called into question and his task becomes fraught with unforeseen dangers. In an illicit world of blackmail, vice and corruption, Monk must follow the trail - and his conscience - wherever it leads, no matter how disturbing the truth may be.
Ibn Arabi Oneworld Publications
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
The importance of Muhyi al-Din Ibn al-Arabi (1165-1240) for Islamic mysticism lies in the fact that he was a speculative thinker of the highest order, albeit diffuse and difficult to understand. His central doctrine is the unity of all existence. In this text, William Chittick explores how, through the work of Ibn Al-Arabi, Sufism moves away from anguished and ascetic searchings of the heart and conscience and becomes a matter of speculative philsophy and theosophy.
Sklepy zlokalizowane w miastach: Warszawa, Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
Szukaj w sklepach lub całym serwisie
t1=0.039, t2=0, t3=0, t4=0.021, t=0.039