krainaksiazek babies take us on a special journey 20111774
- znaleziono 21 produktów w 3 sklepach
SPECIAL PEOPLE SPECIAL WAYS Eurospan
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Arlene Maguire's delightful rhymes combine with Sheila Bailey's rich watercolor illustrations to take the reader on a journey of discovery. Each page portrays positive images of children with various disabilities. Winner of an iParenting Media Award, this book illustrates that beyond our physical limitations is a world of unique gifts for each of us to share. Teachers and parents love to read this book aloud to promote understanding and tolerance at school and at home. The detailed artwork attracts children of all ages.
Thirtieth Anniversary Special ROUNDER / UMGD
1. I've Lived A Lot In My Time 2. Devil, Take The Farmer 3. I Saw A Man At Close Of Day 4. Rollin' On Rubber Wheels 5. Church By The Road 6. He's Coming To Us Dead 7. A Distant Land To Roam 8. Over In The Glory Land 9. Do You Ever Dream Of Me? 10. The Honest Farmer 11. Long Journey 12. Oak Grove Church 13. Hide You In The Blood 14. Golden Ring 15. Carolyn At The Broken Wheel Inn 16. When I Went Down In The Valley To Pray 17. The Orphan Train 18. While Roving On Last Winter's Night 19. Dip Your Fingers In Some Water 20. We Believe In Happy Endings 21. How Great Thou Art
Shadow of the Sun Penguin
'Only with the greatest of simplifications, for the sake of convenience, can we say Africa. In reality, except as a geographical term, Africa doesn't exist'. Ryszard Kapuscinski has been writing about the people of Africa throughout his career. In a study that avoids the official routes, palaces and big politics, he sets out to create an account of post-colonial Africa seen at once as a whole and as a location that wholly defies generalised explanations. It is both a sustained meditation on the mosaic of peoples and practises we call 'Africa', and an impassioned attempt to come to terms with humanity itself as it struggles to escape from foreign domination, from the intoxications of freedom, from war and from politics as theft. The Beginning: Collision, Ghana 1958 More than anything, one is struck by the light. Light everywhere. Brightness everywhere. Everywhere, the sun. Just yesterday, an autumnal London was drenched in rain. The airplane drenched in rain. A cold, wind, darkness. But here, from the morning
Blue Moon Of Kentucky Bear Family Records
1. My Long Journey Home 2. What Is Home Without Love 3. What Would You Give In Exchange? 4. Little Red Shoes 5. Nine Pound Hammer Is Too Heavy 6. On Some Foggy Mountain Top 7. Drifting Too Far From The Shore 8. In My Dear Old Southern Home 9. New River Train 10. This World Is Not My Home 11. Watermelon Am Hangin' On That Vine 12. On The Banks Of The Ohio 13. Do You Call That Religion? 14. God Holds The Future In His Hands 15. You've Got To Walk That Lonesome Valley 16. Six Months Ain't Long 17. Just A Song Of Old Kentucky 18. Don't Forget Me 19. I'm Going 20. Darling Corey 21. My Saviour's Train 22. I Am Thinking Tonight Of The Old Folks 23. Dreamed I Searched Heaven For You 24. The Old Cross Road 25. The Forgotten Soldier Boy 26. My Read Of A Place That's Called Heaven 27. Will The Circle Unbroken 28. The Saints Go Marching In 29. Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms 101. Where Is My Sailor Boy 102. I Am Ready To Go 103. What Would The Profit Be 104. Some Glad Day 105. I Have Found The Way 106. I Am Going That Way 107. Kate Cline 108. Roll On, Buddy 109. Weeping Willow Tree 110. I'll Live On 111. Oh, Hide You In The Blood 112. What Would You Give In Exchange (Part 2) 113. On That Gospel Ship 114. What Would You Give In Exchange (Part 3) 115. Let Us Be Lovers Again 116. All The Good Time Are Passed & Gone 117. What Would You Give In Exchange (Part 4) 118. On My Way To Glory 119. My Last Moving Day 120. He Will Set Your Fields On Fire 121. Sinner You Better Get Ready 122. Have A Feast Here Tonight 123. Goodbye Maggie 124. Rollin' On 125. The Old Man's Story 126. I've Still Got Ninety-nine 127. Little Joe 128. A Beautiful Life 129. Pearly Gates 130. On My Way Back Home 201. When Our Lord Shall Come Again 202. Mule Skinner Blues 203. No Letter In The Mail 204. Cryin' Holy Unto The Lord 205. Six White Horses 206. Dog House Blues 207. I Wonder If You Feel The Way I Do 208. Katy Hill (Instrumental) 209. Tennessee Blues 210. Shake My Mother's Hand For Me 211. Were You There 212. Blue Yodel, No.7 213. The Coupon Song 214. Orange Blossom Special 215. Honky Tonk Swing (Instrumental) 216. In The Pines 217. Back Up & Push (Instrumental) 218. Rocky Road Blues 219. Kentucky Waltz 220. True Life Blues 221. Nobody Loves Me 222. Goodbye Old Pal 223. Footprints In The Snow 224. I'll Have A New Life 225. Bluegrass Special (Instrumental) 226. Come Back To Me In My Dreams 227. Heavy Traffic Ahead 228. Why Did You Wander 229. Blue Moon Of Kentucky 301. Blue Moon Of Kentucky 302. Toy Heart 303. Summertime Is Past & Gone 304. Mansions For Me 305. Mother's Only Sleeping 306. Blue Yodel No.4 307. Will You Be Loving Another Man? 308. How Will I Explain About You? 309. Shining Path 310. Wicked Path Of Sin 311. I'm Going Back To Old Kentucky 312. It's Mighty Dark To Travel 313. I Hear A Sweet Voice Calling 314. Little Cabin Home On The Hill 315. My Rose Of Old Kentucky 316. Blue Grass Breakdown (Instrumental) 317. Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong 318. The Old Cross Road 319. That Home Above 320. Remember The Cross 321. Little Community Church 322. Along About Daybreak 323. When You Are Lonely 324. Molly & Tenbrooks 325. Shine Hallelujah, Shine 326. I'm Travelin' On & On 327. Can't You Hear Me Callin' 401. Travelin' This Lonesome Road 402. Blue Grass Stomp 403. The Girl In The Blue Velvet Band 404. Kentucky Waltz (Take 2) 405. True Life Blues (Take 4) 406. True Life Blues (Take 3) 407. True Life Blues (Take 2) 408. Nobody Loves Me (Take Bd) 409. Nobody Loves Me (Take 3) 410. Nobody Loves Me (Take 1) 411. Goodbye Old Pal (Take 2) 412. Footprints In The Snow (Take 2) 413. Bluegrass Special (Instrumental) (Take 2) 414. Bluegrass Special (Take 3) 415. Heavy Traffic Ahead (Take 2) 416. Why Did You Wander (Take 2) 417. Summertime Is Past & Gone (Take Bd1) 418. Summertime Is Past & Gone (Take Bd2) 419. Summertime Is Past & Gone (Take 2) 420. Summertime Is Past & Gone (Take Bd3) 421. Blue Yodel No.4 (Take 2) 422. Will You Be Loving Another Man? (Take 2) 423. How Will I Explain About You? (Take 2) 424. How Will I Explain About You? (Take 3) 425. Wicked Path Of Sin (Take 2) 426. It's Mighty Dark To Travel (Take 2) 427. I'm Going Back To Old Kentucky (Take Bd) 428. I'm Going Back To Old Kentucky (Take 2) 429. It's Mighty Dark To Travel (Take 3) 430. Little Cabin Home On The Hill (Take 2) 501. My Rose Of Old Kentucky (Take 2) 502. Blue Grass Breakdown (Instrumental) (Take 2) 503. Blue Grass Breakdown (Take 3) 504. Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong (Take 2) 505. Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong (Take Bd1) 506. Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong (Take Bd2) 507. Sweethaert You Done Me Wrong (Take 3) 508. The Old Cross Road (Take 2) 509. The Old Cross Road (Take Bd2) 510. The Old Cross Road (Take Bd3) 511. The Old Cross Road (Take 3) 512. The Old Cross Road (Take Bd1) 513. That Home Above (Take Bd) 514. Remember The Cross (Take 2) 515. Along About Daybreak (Take 2) 516. Little Community Church (Take 2) 517. Little Community Church (Take Bd) 518. Along About Daybreak (Take Bd) 519. Molly & Tenbrooks (Take 2) 520. Shine Hallelujah, Shine (Take 2) 521. I'm Travelin' On & On (Take 2) 522. Can't You Hear Me Callin' (Take 4) 523. Can't You Hear Me Callin' (Take 3) 524. Can't You Hear Me Callin' (Take Bd) 525. Can't You Hear Me Callin' (Take 2) 526. Travelin' This Lonesome Road (Take 2) 527. Blue Grass Stomp (Instrumental) (Take 3) 528. Blue Grass Stomp (Take Bd) 529. Blue Grass Stomp (Take 2) 530. The Girl In The Blue Velvet Band (Take 3) 531. The Girl In The Blue Velvet Band (Take 2)
Consolations of Philosophy Penguin
Alain de Botton, best-selling author of How Proust can Change Your Life, has set six of the finest minds in the history of philosophy to work on the problems of everyday life. Here then are Socrates, Epicurus, Seneca, Montaigne, Schopenhauer and Nietzsche on some of the things that bother us all; lack of money, the pain of love, inadequacy, anxiety, the fear of failure and the pressure to conform.
Life Places of the Bible A Photographic Pilgrimage Lifetime Books Inc
There is of course a real Mount, and there is a Sea of Galilee. There are the plains of Abraham, and there are mountain caves where writings from the Biblical age have been lately discovered. This special keepsake volume, takes you to sites prominent in both the Old and New Testaments, explaining during our journey the intertwining histories of two of the world's great faiths: Judaism and Christianity. (At the same time, the importance of Abraham and other Biblical figures to Islam unfolds.) Come and take this stirring walk with us. Never has such a book been more timely than today.
Under the Duvet Penguin
Powieści i opowiadania
'When people ask me what I do for a crust and I tell them that I'm a novelist, they immediately assume that my life is a non-stop carousel of limos, television appearances, hair-dos, devoted fans, stalkers and all the glitzy paraphernalia of being a public figure. It's time to set the record straight. I write alone, in a darkened bedroom, wearing my PJs, eating bananas, my laptop on a pillow in front of me ...' Her novels are adored by millions around the world
Vocal Jazz Le Chant Du Monde
1. Tucker, Sophie - Some Of These Days 2. Fisk University Jubilee Quartet - Roll Jordan Roll 3. Harris, Marion - After You've Gone 4. Smith, Mamie - Crazy Blues 5. Smith, Bessie - Down Hearted Blues 6. Cox, Ida - I've Got The Blues For Rampart Street 7. Smith, Bessie - Graveyard Dream Blues 8. Bijeou, Esther - West Indies Blues 9. Cox, Ida - Blues Ain't Nothin' Else But! 10. Smith, Bessie - Bo Weavil Blues 11. Hunter, Alberta - Nobody Knows The Way I Feel This 12. Taylor, Eva - Cake-walking Babies From Home 13. Smith, Bessie - St. Louis Blues 14. Smith, Bessie - Sobbin' Hearted Blues 15. Waters, Ethel - Sweet Georgia Brown 16. Smith, Bessie - Careless Love Blues 17. Waters, Ethel - Shake That Thing 18. Robeson, Paul - Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless 19. Astaire, Fred & Adele - Fascinating Rhythm 20. Smith, Bessie - Young Woman's Blues 21. Hill, Bertha Chippie - Pratt City Blues 22. Smith, Bessie - Back Water Blues 23. Smith, Bessie - Alexander's Ragtime Band 24. Wallace, Sippie - Dead Drunk Blues 25. Hall, Adelaide - The Blues I Love To Sing 101. Smith, Bessie - Foolish Man Blues 102. Humes, Helen - Cross Eyed Blues 103. Harris, Marion - The Man I Love 104. Armstrong, Louis - Hotter Than That 105. Mcdaniels, Hattie - I Thought I'd Do It 106. Blake, Reverend Johnny - Warming By The Devil's Fi 107. Davis, Blind Willie - When The Saints Go Marching 108. Memphis Jug Band - Peaches In The Springtime 109. Smith, Bessie - Empty Bed Blues 1 & 2 110. Rainey, Ma - Prove It On Me Blues 111. Dranes, Arizona - God's Got A Crown 112. Smith, Ivy - State Street Jive 113. Waters, Ethel - Guess Who's In Town 114. Hill, Bertha Chippie - Some Cold Rainy Day 115. Rodgers, Jimmie - Waiting For A Train 116. Ware, Ozie / Mills, Irving - Diga Diga Doo 117. Armstrong, Louis - Basin Street Blues 118. Walker, T-bone - Wichita Falls Blues 119. Greer, Sonny - Sloppy Joe 120. Smith, Jabbo - Decatur Street Tutti 121. Mckinney's Cotton Pickers - Beadle-um-bum 122. Smith, Bessie - Nobody Knows When You're Down & Ou 123. Armstrong, Louis - Black & Blue 124. Johnson, Edith - Nickle's Worth Of Liver Blues 201. Sissle, Noble - Camp Meeting Day 202. Smith, Bessie - Blue Spirit Blues 203. Crosby, Bing - After You've Gone 204. Armstrong, Louis - St. Louis Blues 205. Dunham Jubilee Singers - I Dreamed Of The Judgemen 206. Astaire, Fred - Puttin' On The Ritz 207. Smith, Bessie - On Revival Day 208. Thomas, George - Baby Won't You Please Come Home 209. Johnson, Hall - Good News 210. Armstrong, Louis - Memories Of You 211. Waters, Ethel - I Got Rhythm 212. Armstrong, Louis - Shine 213. Smith, Bessie - Shipwreck Blues 214. Morton, George - Heebie Jeebies 215. Boswell Sisters, The - It's The Girl 216. Henderson, Rosa - Can't Be Bothered With No Sheik 217. Armstrong, Louis - Lazy River 218. Armstrong, Louis - Stardust 219. Smith, Bessie - Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl 220. Bailey, Mildred - Georgia On My Mind 221. Anderson, Ivie - It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't 222. Lattimore, Harlan - I Wanna Count Sheep Till The C 223. Calloway, Cab - Minnie The Moocher 224. Crosby, Bing - Some Of These Days 225. Mills Brothers, The - It Don't Mean A Thing If It 301. Bailey, Mildred - Rockin' Chair 302. Taylor, Irene - Willow Weep For Me 303. Calloway, Cab - The Man From Harlem 304. Crosby, Bing - My Honey's Lovin Arms 305. Wiley, Lee - I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues 306. Waters, Ethel - Stormy Weather 307. Boswell, Connie - The River's Taking Care Of Me 308. Allen, Henri Red - Nagasaki 309. Bacon, Louis - Rude Interlude 310. Teagarden, Jack - I Gotta Right To Sing The Blues 311. Calloway, Cab - Zah Zuh Zah 312. Teagarden, Jack - Love Me 313. Spirits Of Rhythm, The - Rhythm 314. Smith, Bessie - Take Me For A Buggy Ride 315. Mitchell's Christian Singers - Them Bones 316. Anderson, Ivie - Troubled Waters 317. Mckenzie, Red / Spirits Of Rhythm, The - As Long A 318. Spirits Of Rhythm, The - Dr. Watson & Mr. Holmes 319. Holiday, Billie - Symphony In Black 320. Heavenly Gospel Singers - Lead Me To The Rock 321. Dixie Rhythm - The Four Blackbirds 322. Snow, Valaida - I Can't Dance, I've Got Ants In My 323. Calloway, Cab - I Ain't Got Nobody 324. White, Georgia - Honey Dripper Blues 325. Holiday, Billie - I'm Painting The Town Red 326. Langford, Frances - I Feel A Song Comin' On 401. Waller, Fats - Truckin' 402. Armstrong, Louis - I'm In The Mood For Love 403. Johnson, Lil - That Bonus Done Gone 404. Ward, Helen - Muting In The Parlor 405. Fitzgerald, Ella - All My Life 406. Holiday, Billie - These Foolish Things 407. Holiday, Billie - Billie's Blues 408. Fitzgerald, Ella - Mr. Paganini You'll Have To Swi 409. Williams, Midge - Where The Lazy River Goes By 410. Washboard Sam - The Big Boat 411. Golden Gate Quartet - Golden Gate Gospel Train 412. Norfolk Jubilee Quartet - Didn't It Rain 413. Bailey, Mildred - Smoke Dreams 414. Palmer, Gladys - Where The Lazy River Goes By 415. Hampton, Lionel - My Last Affair 416. Ellington, Duke - I've Got To Be A Rug Cutter 417. Anderson, Ivie / Stewart, Rex - I've Got To Be A R 418. Fitzgerald, Ella - You Showed Me The Way 419. Armstrong, Louis / Mills Brothers, The - Darling N 420. Jackson, Mahalia - Keep Me Every Day 421. Sullivan, Maxine - Gone With The Wind 422. Rushing, Jimmy - Good Morning Blues 423. Wright, Edythe - Nice Work If You Can Get It 424. Sullivan, Maxine - The Folks Who Live On The Hill 425. Holiday, Billie - My Man 426. Fitzgerald, Ella - I Want To Be Happy 501. Andrew Sisters, The - Bei Mir Bist Du Schon 502. Mills Brothers, The - Tiger Rag 503. Golden Gate Quartet - Sweet Adeline 504. Rushing, Jimmy - Sent For You Yesterday 505. Gaillard, Slim / Stewart, Slam - Chinatown, My Chi 506. Howard, Rosetta - How Long Baby Will You Keep Me T 507. Bailey, Mildred - After Dinner Speech 508. Tilton, Martha - Feeling High & Happy 509. Holiday, Billie - You Go To My Head 510. Mills Brothers, The - Caravan 511. Armstrong, Louis - Shadrack 512. Armstrong, Louis - Nobody Knows The Trouble I've S 513. Tiny Mayberry - Mailman Blues 514. Wynn, Nan - Laugh & Call It Love 515. Wain, Bea - At Long Last Love 516. Waller, Fats - Sleepy People 517. White, Georgia - The Blues Ain't Nothin' But... 518. Anderson, Marian - Deep River 519. Anderson, Marian - Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherl 520. Turner, Big Joe - Roll'em Pete 521. Selah Jubilee Singers - I Want Jesus To Walk Aroun 522. Trummy Young - 'Taint What You Do 523. Humes, Helen - My Heart Belongs To Daddy 524. Armstrong, Louis - Jeepers Creepers 525. Holiday, Billie - More Than You Know 526. Rushing, Jimmy - Goin' To Chicago Blues 601. Fitzgerald, Ella - Undecided 602. Eldridge, Jean - Mississippi Dreamboat 603. Williams, Cootie - She's Gone 604. Forrest, Helen - Deep Purple 605. Terrel, Pha - You Set Me On Fire 606. Humes, Helen - If I Could Be With You One Hour Ton 607. Holiday, Billie - Long Gone Blues 608. Anderson, Ivie - Something To Live For 609. Fitzgerald, Ella - Have Mercy 610. Broonzy, Big Bill - Too Many Drivers 611. Rushing, Jimmy - Nobody Knows 612. Quintones, The - Utt-da-zay 613. Anderson, Ivie - I'm Checkin' Out Go'om Bye 614. Calloway, Cab - Hep Hep The Jumping Jive 615. Garland, Judy - Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart 616. Waller, Fats - Honeysuckle Rose 617. Forrest, Helen - Day In, Day Out 618. Sinatra, Frank - All Or Nothing At All 619. Hampton, Lionel - One Sweet Letter For You 620. Young, Trummer - Think Of Me Little Daddy 621. Raye, Martha - Body & Soul 622. Waters, Ethel - Baby What Else Can I Do 623. Cox, Ida - Death Letter Blues 624. Cox, Ida - 'Fore Day Creep 625. Waller, Fats - Your Feet's Too Big 701. Scott, Hazel - Mighty Like The Blues 702. Holiday, Billie - The Man I Love 703. Charioteers - Wade In The Water 704. Charioteers - Ezechiel Saw The Wheel 705. Wiley, Lee - A Ship Without A Sail 706. Smith, Faber - East St. Louis Blues 707. Jefferson, Viola - I Got Rhythm 708. Holiday, Billie - Body & Soul 709. Ross, Shirley - It Never Entered My Mind 710. Sullivam Maxine - The Hour Of Parting 711. Walker, T-bone - T-bone Blues 712. Hunter, Alberta - My Castle's Rockin' 713. Holiday, Billie - Laughing At Life 714. Leadbelly / Golden Gate Quartet, The - Rock Island 715. Snow, Valaida - You're Driving Me Crazy 716. Rushing, Jimmy - I Want A Little Girl 717. Price, Sammy - The Dirty Dozens 718. Turner, Big Joe - Piney Brown Blues 719. Sinatra, Frank - Stardust 720. Forrest, Helen - The Man I Love 721. Cole, Nat King - Sweet Lorraine 722. Ward, Helen - Embraceable You 723. Golden Gate Quartet - Blind Barnabus 724. Golden Gate Quartet - Jezebel 725. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - Rock Me 726. Broonzy, Big Bill - I Feel So Good 727. Dupree, Champion Jack - That's All Right 801. Horne, Lena - You're My Thrill 802. Sinatra, Frank / Haines, Connie / Stafford, Jo - L 803. Calloway, Cab - Jonah Joins The Cab 804. Holiday, Billie - All Of Me 805. Carlisle, Una Mae - Blitzkrieg Baby 806. Fitzgerald, Ella - My Man 807. Haymes, Dick - I'll Get By 808. Green, Lil - Why Don't You Do Right? 809. Beneke, Tex / Kelly, Paula - Chattanooga Choo Choo 810. O'day, Anita / Eldridge, Roy - Let Me Off Uptown 811. Holiday, Billie - God Bless The Child 812. Forrest, Helen - When The Sun Comes Out 813. Bailey, Mildred - All Too Soon 814. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - Trouble In Mind 815. Waller, Fats - Come & Get It 816. Jeffries, Herb - Jump For Joy 817. Tatum, Art - Toledo Blues 818. Turner, Big Joe - Blues On Central Avenue 819. Anderson, Ivie - Rocks In My Bed 820. Hot Lips Page - St. James Infirmary 821. Rushing, Jimmy - Harvard Blues 822. Brown, Walter - New Confessin' The Blues 823. O'day, Anita - Skylark 824. Memphis Slim - Whiskey & Gin Blues 901. Horne, Lena - Stormy Weather 902. Southern Sons - I'm Free At Last 903. Peach, Georgia & Her Gospel Singers - Do Lord Send 904. Davis, Bonnie - Don't Stop Now 905. Forrest, Helen - Skylark 906. O'day, Anita - That's What You Think 907. Bailey, Mildred - Arthur Murray Taught Me Dancing 908. Eckstine, Billy - Skylark 909. Morse, Ella Mae - Cow Cow Boogie 910. Astaire, Fred - You're Easy To Dance With 911. Forrest, Helen - I Cried For You 912. Holiday, Bille - Trav'lin' Light 913. O'day, Anita - Murder He Says 914. Lee, Peggy - Why Don't You Do Right 915. Stafford, Jo / Sinatra, Frank - Snootie Little Cut 916. Golden Gate Quartet - Rock My Soul 917. Astaire, Fred - One For My Baby 918. Brown, Ada / Waller, Fats - That Ain't Right 919. Waller, Fats - Ain't Misbevahin' 920. Churchill, Savannah - Honeysuckle Rose 921. Jordan, Louis - Is You Or Is You Ain't My Baby 922. Garland, Judy - But Not For Me 923. Fitzgerald, Ella - Cow Cow Boogie 924. Roche, Betty - Go Away Blues 925. Richmond, June - Baby Don't You Tell Me No Lie 1001. Cole, Nat King - Embraceable You 1002. Washington, Dinah - Salty Papa Blues 1003. James, Ida - Close To You 1004. Vinson, Eddie Cleanhead - Cherry Red Blues 1005. Prima, Louis - The Very Thought Of You 1006. Holiday, Billie - As Time Goes By 1007. Holiday, Billie - He's Funny That Way 1008. Five Red Caps, The - Boogie Woogie On A Saturday N 1009. Gant, Cecil - I Wonder 1010. Starr, Kay - Share Croppin' Blues 1011. Dandridge, Dorothy / Armstrong, Louis - Whatcha Sa 1012. Garland, Judy - Over The Rainbow 1013. Eckstine, Billy - Blowing The Blues Away 1014. Hot Lips Page - Lip's Blues 1015. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - Strange Things Happening 1016. Holiday, Billie - Lover Man 1017. Johnson, Ella / Johnson, Buddy - That's The Stuff 1018. Mann, Peggy - Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye 1019. Day, Doris - Sentimental Journey 1020. Kallen, Kitty - I'm Beginning To See The Light 1021. Horne, Lena - As Long As I Live 1022. Stafford, Jo - Alone Together 1023. O'day, Anita - Singing' The Blues 1024. Rushing, Jimmy - Jimmy's Blues 1101. Herman, Woody - I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues 1102. Sherrill, Joya - Black Brown & Beige The Blues 1103. Wiley, Lee - Wherever There's Love 1104. Vaughan, Sarah - A Night In Tunisia 1105. Andrews, Ernie - Sooth Me 1106. Hunter, Ivory Joe - Blues At Sunrise 1107. Rubberlegs Williams - That's The Blues 1108. Jordan, Louis - Caldonia Boogie 1109. Stewart, Buddy / Lambert, Dave - What's This 1110. Herman, Woody - Caldonia 1111. Wayne, Frances - Happiness Is Just A Thing Called 1112. Broonzy, Big Bill - Why Did You Do That To Me 1113. Liggins, Joe - The Honeydripper 1114. Fitzgerald, Ella - It's Only A Papermoon 1115. Walker, T-bone - T-bone Boogie 1116. Sherrill, Joya - Evyerthing But You 1117. Eckstine, Billy - I Love The Rhythm In A Riff 1118. Vaughan, Sarah - Lover Man 1119. Ellington, Marie - I Don't Mind 1120. Sherrill, Joya / Davis, Kay / Ellington, Marie - I 1121. Sherrill, Joya / Davis, Kay / Ellington, Marie - S 1122. Washington, Dinah - Blow Top Blues 1123. Vaughan, Sarah - Mean To Me 1124. Lee, Julia - Dream Lucky Blues 1125. Lee, Julia - Lotus Bloosom 1201. Wayne, Frances - There's No You 1202. Harris, Wynonie - Here Comes The Blues 1203. Holiday, Billie - Don't Explain 1204. Eckstine, Billy - You Call It Madness 1205. Fitzgerald, Ella - Flying Home 1206. Andrews, Ernie - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Cryin 1207. Moore, Ann - Jivin' Joe Jackson 1208. Jordan, Louis - Reconversion Blues 1209. O'day, Anita - Tea For Two 1210. Calloway, Cab - The Honeydripper 1211. Hibbler, Al - I'm Just A Lucky So & So 1212. Washington, Dinah - Mellow Mama Blues 1213. Carpenter, Thelma - Seems Like Old Times 1214. Washington, Sister Ernestine - Did I Wonder 1215. Armstrong, Louis / Fitzgerald, Ella - You Won't Be 1216. Holiday, Billie - Good Morning Heartache 1217. Reid, Dorothy - You Got Me Crying Again 1218. Myers, Ernest Wilson - B.o.blues 1219. Cole, Nat King - Get Your Kicks On Route 66 1220. Waters, Ethel - Cabin In The Sky 1221. Cole, Nat King - How Deep Is The Ocean 1222. Rich, Buddy - Baby, Baby All The Time 1223. Armstrong, Louis - Back O' Town Blues 1224. Vaughan, Sarah - If You Could See Me Now 1225. Mcrae, Carmen - Pass Me By 1226. Clooney, Rosemary - That's Good Enough For Me 1301. Nance, Ray - Just Squeeze Me 1302. Roberts, Alice - He Beeped When He Shoulda Booped 1303. Davis, Kay - Transblucency 1304. Christy, June - Willow Weep For Me 1305. Fitzgerald, Ella - For Sentimental Reasons 1306. Cox, Marion - St. Louis Blues 1307. Witherspoon, Jimmy - Ernestine 1308. Watson, Leo - Tight & Gay 1309. Walker, T-bone - I'm Gonna Find My Baby 1310. Anderson, Ivie - Big Butter & Egg Man 1311. Vinson, Eddie Cleanhead - Cleanhead Blues 1312. Armstrong, Louis - Blues For Yesterday 1313. Bailey, Mildred - I'll Close My Eyes 1314. Taylor, Myra - Take It Greasy 1315. Vaughan, Sarah - September Song 1316. Holiday, Billie - The Blues Are Brewin' 1317. Mooney, Joe - Tea For Two 1318. Reverend Kelsey - Tell Me How Long 1319. Jackson, Mahalia - Move On Up A Little Higher 1320. Gayten, Paul - Your Hands Ain't Clean 1321. Calloway, Cab - Hi-de-ho Man 1322. Armstrong, Louis - Black & Blue 1323. Coleman, Earl - This Is Always 1324. Gonzales, Babs - Oop-pop-a-da 1325. Jones, Etta - I Sold My Heart To The Junkman 1401. Baker, Ann - Meet Me At No Special Place 1402. Teagarden, Jack - Blues After Hours 1403. Fitzgerald, Ella - Oh Lady Be Good 1404. Green, Lil - Lonely Woman 1405. Lutcher, Nellie - He's A Real Gone Guy 1406. Eldridge, Roy / Torme, Mel - Honeysuckle Rose 1407. Lee, Julia - My Sin 1408. Humes, Helen - I Refuse To Sing The Blues 1409. Vinson, Eddie Cleanhead - Have You Ever Missed Y 1410. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - Down By The Riverside 1411. Brown, Wini - Gone Again 1412. Cole, Nat King - Makin' Whoopee 1413. Sinatra, Frank - One For My Baby 1414. Gillespie, Dizzy - Oop-pop-a-da 1415. Hagood, Kenny - The Way You Look Tonight 1416. Torme, Mel - My Baby Just Cares For Me 1417. Sinatra, Frank - All Of Me 1418. Cole, Nat King - Dream A Little Of Me 1419. Witherspoon, Jimmy - 'Taint Nobody's Business If I 1420. Hibbler, Al - Do Nothin' Till Your Hear From Me 1421. Parker, Dolores - Once Upon A Dream 1422. Colbert, Melrose - Black & Blue 1423. Starr, Kay - Don't Let Your Love Go Wrong 1424. Penton, Kay - As Time Goes By 1425. Jackson, Mahalia - Amazing Grace 1426. Fitzgerald, Ella - How High The Moon 1501. Davis, Kay - On A Turquoise Cloud 1502. Hibbler, Al - I Like The Sunrise 1503. Lutcher, Nellie - Fine Brown Frame 1504. Humes, Helen - Mad About You 1505. Memphis Slim - Nobody Loves 1506. Hagood, Kenny - All The Things You Are 1507. Hagood, Kenny - I Should Care 1508. Milton, Roy - Hop, Skip, & Jump 1509. Cain, Jackie / Kral, Roy - Deed I Do 1510. O'day, Anita - How High The Moon 1511. Davis, Kay - Lush Life 1512. Barker, Blue Lu - Trombone Man Blues 1513. Jackson, Chubby / Rogers, Shorty / Gibbs, Terry - 1514. Mccall, Mary Ann - I Got It Bad & That Ain't Good 1515. Murphy, Rose - Busy Line 1516. Charles, Ray - Blues Before Sunrise 1517. Turner, Big Joe - Shake It Break It 1518. Landford, Bill - Run For A Long Time 1519. Dixon, Willie - Signifying Monkey 1520. Pearl, Rae - Casbah 1521. Vaughan, Sarah - Black Coffee 1522. Charles, Ray - Alone In The City 1523. Davis, Sammy Jr. - I Ain't Got Nobody 1524. Williams, Addie - Maybe Someday 1525. Gonzales, Babs - Prelude To A Nightmare 1601. Fitzgerald, Ella - Black Coffee 1602. Cain, Jackie - East Of Suez 1603. Cain, Jackie - Over The Rainbow 1604. Carter, Betty - The Hucklebuck 1605. Fuller, Gil - Mean To Me 1606. Mccall, Mary Ann - More Than You Know 1607. Byrd, Roy - Her Mind Is Gone 1608. Hartman, Johnny - September In The Rain 1609. Holiday, Billie - Them There Eyes 1610. Armstrong, Louis - Blueberry Hill 1611. Fitzgerald, Ella - Basin Street Blues 1612. Holiday, Billie / Armstrong, Louis - My Sweet Hunk 1613. Bailey, Pearl - Saturday Night Fish Fry 1614. Littel Esther / Robins, The - Double Crossing Blue 1615. Domino, Fats - The Fat Man 1616. Vaughan, Sarah - The Nearness Of You 1617. Vaughan, Sarah - Summertime 1618. Garland, Judy - Get Happy 1619. Parker, Sonny - Sad Feeling 1620. Christy, June - Lonesome Road 1621. Ross, Annie - Le Vent Vert 1622. Sinatra, Frank - My Blue Heaven 1623. Sinatra, Frank - When You're Smiling 1624. Knight, Marie - In The Shaded Green Pastures 1625. Vaughan, Sarah - It Might As Well Be Spring 1701. Armstrong, Louis - C'est Si Bon 1702. Cole, Nat King - Orange Colored Sky 1703. Armstrong, Louis / Jordan, Louis - You Rascal You 1704. Fitzgerald, Ella - Someone To Watch Over Me 1705. Fitzgerald, Ella - Soon 1706. Eldridge, Roy - Une Petite Laitue 1707. Lanauze, Yvonne - Love You Madly 1708. Brown, Charles - Black Nite 1709. Ellis, Dorothy - Slowly Go Out Of My Mind 1710. Harper, Toni - Baby Blues 1711. Armstrong, Louis / Crosby, Bing - Gone Fishin' 1712. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - So High 1713. Manne, Shelly - Blues In Burlesque 1714. Angelic Gospel Singers - One Day 1715. Fitzgerald, Ella - Rough Ridin' 1716. Manne, Shelly - It Don't Mean A Thing 1717. Scott, Little Jimmy - Come What May 1718. O'day, Anita - Love For Sale 1719. King Pleasure - I'm In The Mood For Love 1720. Holiday, Billie - These Foolish Things 1721. Washington, Dinah - I Cried For You 1722. Hot Lips Page - The Devil's Kiss 1723. Fitzgerald, Ella - Angel Eyes 1724. O'day, Anita - The Lady Is A Tramp 1725. Andrew Sisters, The - In The Mood 1726. Jefferson, Eddie - The Birdland 1801. Herman, Woody - Early Autumn 1802. Jefferson, Eddie - Body & Soul 1803. Eckstine, Billy - April In Paris 1804. Holiday, Billie - Yesterdays 1805. Roche, Betty - All Of Me 1806. Paris, Jackie / Hayes, Tamara - I Miss You So 1807. Astaire, Fred - Change Partners 1808. Broonzy, Big Bill - Down By The Riverside 1809. Carroll, Joe - Ooh-shoo-bee-doo-bee 1810. Vaughan, Sarah - Embraceable You 1811. Jefferson, Eddie / Taylor, Irv - Old Shoes 1812. Grissom, Jimmy - Street Blues 1813. Connor, Chris - All About Ronnie 1814. Gordon, Honi - Can You Blame Me 1815. Lee, Peggy - Black Coffee 1816. Charles, Ray - Losing Hand 1817. Dave Lambert Singers - In The Still Of The Night 1818. Hedenbratt, Sonya - Somebody Loves Me 1819. Reese, Della - Blue & Orange Birds & Silver Bells 1820. Eckstine, Billy - How High The Moon 1821. Cole, Nat King - There Will Never Be Another You 1822. Greer, Jo Ann - Back In Your Own Backyard 1823. Ross, Annie - The Song Is You 1824. Gonzales, Babs - Ornithology 1825. Baker, Chet - The Thrill Is Gone 1826. Thurlow, Janet - Blue Tide 1901. Fitzgerald, Ella - How High The Moon 1902. Baker, Chet - My Funny Valentine 1903. Fitzgerald, Ella - Stardust 1904. Vaughan, Sarah - Shulie A Bop 1905. Vaughan, Sarah - Prelude To A Kiss 1906. Sinatra, Frank - Jeepers Creepers 1907. Sinatra, Frank - Get Happy 1908. Fitzgerald, Ella - Lullaby Of Birdland 1909. Connor, Chris - Spring Is Here 1910. Christy, June - Something Cool 1911. Holiday, Billie - Lover Man 1912. Vaughan, Sarah - Saturday 1913. Mcrae, Carmen - You'd Be So Easy To Love 1914. Les Blue Stars - La Legende Du Pays Des Oiseaux 1915. Charles, Ray - I Got A Woman 1916. King Pleasure - Don't Get Sacred 1917. Vaughan, Sarah - September Song 1918. Vaughan, Sarah - Jim 1919. Merrill, Helen - Don't Explain 1920. Merrill, Helen - Yesterdays 1921. Christy, June - Softly As In A Morning Sunrise 1922. Williams, Joe - The Comeback 2001. Armstrong, Louis - Back O' Town Blues 2002. Connor, Chris - Blame It On My Youth 2003. Murphy, Rose - I Can't Give You Anything But Love 2004. Fitzgerald, Ella - Ella Hums The Blues 2005. Hendricks, Jon - Four Brothers 2006. Rushing, Jimmy - Doctor Blues 2007. Mcrae, Carmen - Just One Of Those Things 2008. Mcrae, Carmen - Supper Time 2009. Williams, Joe - Everyday I Have The Blues 2010. Williams, Joe - In The Evening 2011. Four Freshman - Angel Eyes 2012. Four Freshman - Our Love Is Here To Stay 2013. O'day, Anita - From This Moment On 2014. Rushing, Jimmy - Rock & Roll 2015. Vaughan, Sarah - How High The Moon 2016. Washington, Dinah - Willow Weep For Me 2017. Charles, Ray - Drown In My Own Tears 2018. Torme, Mel - The Lady Is A Tramp 2019. Christy, June - Round About Midnight 2020. Clooney, Rosemary - Sophisticated Lady 2021. Fitzgerald, Ella - Too Darn Hot 2022. Turner, Joe - Piney Brown Blues 2101. Mcrae, Carmen - Lush Life 2102. Prima, Louis - Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody 2103. Williams, Joe - I'm Beginning To See The Light 2104. Holiday, Billie - Lady Sings The Blues 2105. Holiday, Billie - Strange Fruit 2106. Fitzgerald, Ella - April In Paris 2107. Fitzgerald, Ella - Too Close For Comfort 2108. Tharpe, Sister Rosetta - Precious Memories 2109. Baker, Chet - That Old Feeling 2110. Merrill, Helen - People Will Say We're In Love 2111. Mccall, Mary Ann - Easy Living 2112. Cole, Nat King - It's Only A Paper Moon 2113. Fitzgerald, Ella / Armstrong, Louis - Cheek To Che 2114. Fitzgerald, Ella / Armstrong, Louis - A Foggy Day 2115. Jordan, Louis - Knock Me A Kiss 2116. Vaughan, Sarah - Autumn In New York 2117. Holiday, Billie - Don't Explain 2118. Sinatra, Frank - I Guess I'll Have To Change My Pl 2119. Charles, Ray - It's Alright 2120. Washington, Dinah - Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye 2121. Cole, Nat King - Stardust 2122. Four Freshmen - East Of The Sun 2123. Martin, Dean - I Can't Give You Anything But Love 2201. O'day, Anita - That Old Devil Moon 2202. Torme, Mel - Just One Of Those Things 2203. Horne, Lena - Just One Of Those Things 2204. Rushing, Jimmy - I Can't Understand 2205. Vaughan, Sarah / Eckstine, Billy - Passing Strange 2206. Fitzgerald, Ella - Bli-blip 2207. Holiday, Billie - My Man 2208. Williams, Joe - All Right, Ok, You Win 2209. Fitzgerald, Ella / Armstrong, Louis - I've Got My 2210. Fitzgerald, Ella / Armstrong, Louis - Our Love Is 2211. Short, Bobby - Nobody Else But Me 2212. Fitzgerald, Ella / Armstrong, Louis - Summertime 2213. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - It's Sand Man 2214. Jordan, Louis - Saturday Night Fish Fry 2215. Sinatra, Frank - Let's Get Away From It All 2216. Torme, Mel - One Morning In May 2217. Simone, Nina - My Baby Just Cares For Me 2218. Simone, Nina - I Loves You Porgy 2219. Ross, Annie - How About You 2220. Gillepsie, Dizzy - On The Sunny Side Of The Street 2221. Washington, Dinah - Jailhouse Blues 2222. Cole, Nat King - Beale Street Blues 2223. Cole, Nat King - Joe Turner's Blues 2224. Armstrong, Louis - Shadrack 2301. Armstrong, Louis - Nobody Knows The Trouble I've S 2302. Salvador, Henri - Blouse Du Dentiste 2303. Jackson, Mahalia - Black Brown & Beige Come Sunday 2304. Charles, Ray - My Bonnie 2305. Merrill, Helen - When The Sun Comes Out 2306. Merrill, Helen - Just Imagine 2307. Rushing, Jimmy - Knock Me A Kiss 2308. Vaughan, Sarah - Detour Ahead 2309. Fitzgerald, Ella - Blue Skies 2310. O'day, Anita - My Funny Valentine 2311. O'day, Anita - Sing, Sing, Sing 2312. Allison, Mose - I Got A Right To Cry 2313. Lee, Peggy - Fever 2314. Cole, Nat King - The Late Late Show 2315. Washington, Dinah - Back Water Blues 2316. Vaughan, Sarah - Misty 2317. Gonzales, Babs - The Preacher 2318. Baker, Chet - The More I See You 2319. Mcrae, Carmen - Baltimore Oriole 2320. Allison, Mose - The Seventh Son 2401. Lincoln, Abbey - I'm In Love 2402. Dearie, Blossom - It Amazes Me 2403. Charles, Ray - The Right Time 2404. Calloway, Cab - The Jumpin' Jive 2405. Calloway, Cab - The Hi-de-ho-man 2406. Vaughan, Sarah - Doodlin' 2407. Martin, Dean - My Rifle My Poney & Me 2408. Martin, Dean - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm 2409. Fitzgerald, Ella - Fascinating Rhythm 2410. Jefferson, Eddie - Now's The Time 2411. Jefferson, Eddie - Moody's Mood For Love 2412. Charles, Ray - What'd I Say 2413. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Airegin 2414. Holiday, Billie - All Of You 2415. Lee, Peggy - Hallelujah I Love Him So 2416. Washington, Dinah - Cry Me A River 2417. O'day, Anita - Hershey Bar 2418. Sinatra, Frank - Here's That Rainy Day 2419. Rushing, Jimmy - Good Rockin' Tonight 2420. Charles, Ray - I'm Movin' On 2421. Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Moanin 2422. Astaire, Fred - Something's Gotta Give 2423. Bennett, Tony - A Sleepin' Bee 2424. Mcrae, Carmen - Three Little Words 2425. Bennett, Tony - Last Night When We Were Young
Celebrating the Jewish Year: the Winter Holidays Jewish Publication Society
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
"Celebrating the Jewish Year" named a 2007 National Jewish Book Award Runner-Up in the category of Contemporary Jewish Life and Practice. JPS' new holiday books take us through the joys, spirit, and meaning of the seasons. Blending the old and the new, they ground us in the origins and traditions of each holiday and open up to us ways we can add our own expression to these special days. Although synagogue ritual is touched upon, the real focus here is on our personal connections to each holiday and our home observance. As we move from season to season, Paul Steinberg shares with us a rich collection of readings from many of the Jewish greats - Maimonides, Rashi, Nachmanides, Shlomo Carlebach, Marge Piercy, Elie Wiesel, Martin Buber, Abraham Joshua Heschel, Arthur Green, and others - and he guides us in discovering for ourselves the many treasures within each text. The readings teach us about the history of each holiday, as well as its theological, ethical, agricultural, and seasonal importance and interpretation; others give us inspiration and much food for thought. These stories, essays, poems, anecdotes, and rituals help us discover how deeply Jewish traditions are rooted in nature's yearly cycle, and how beautifully season and spirit are woven together throughout the Jewish year. The Fall Holidays: Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot is also available. "The Spring and Summer Holidays: Passover, Shavuot, The Omer, and Tisha B'Av" will follow in 2008. About the author Paul Steinberg is a rabbi and the director of Jewish studies and Hebrew at the Levine Academy in Dallas, Texas. He holds master's degrees in both education and rabbinic studies and was ordained from the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies. He is the author of "The Study Guide to Jewish Ethics" (JPS, 2003), articles on Hebrew Bible and Jewish education, and a monthly column on the spirit of Jewish holidays and family in the Texas Jewish Post. Janet Greenstein Potter is the editor of several JPS publications, including the National Jewish Book Award Finalist "Wise and Not So Wise", "Praise Her Works", "Zayda Was a Cowboy", "Sarah's Journey", and "The Kids' Catalog of Animals and the Earth", a book about the environment and the Jewish tradition.
100 Hits - 90s Classics 100 Hits
1. Joyride - Roxette 2. Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul With The Wild P 3. Naked - Louise 4. California Dreamin' - River City People 5. Weather With You - Crowded House 6. In Too Deep - Belinda Carlisle 7. The Journey - 8. Tracks Of My Tears - Go West 9. I'm A Believer - Emf And Reeves & Mortimer 10. White Lines (Don't Do It) - Duran Duran 11. Delicious - Shampoo 12. Glad - Kim Appleby 13. Have You Seen Her - Mc Hammer 14. Play That Funky Music - Vanilla Ice 15. She Wants You - Billie 16. Each Time - E 17. Special Kind Of Something - Kavana 18. Angel Of Mine - Eternal 19. Fe' Real - Maxi Priest 20. Love Guaranteed - Damage 101. The Fun Lovin' Criminal - Fun Lovin' Criminals 102. Alright - Supergrass 103. Rubbish - Carter Usm 104. Trash - Suede 105. When I Argue I See Shapes - Idlewild 106. I Wasn't Built To Get It Up - The Supernaturals 107. She Makes My Nose Bleed - Mansun 108. Boys Better - The Dandy Warhols 109. Whippin' Piccadilly - Gomez 110. Hooligan - Embrace 111. Single - Everything But The Girl 112. Can't Be Sure - The Sundays 113. Forbidden City - Electronic 114. Children - Emf 115. The Devil You Know - Jesus Jones 116. Violence Of Summer - Duran Duran 117. Love Walked In - Thunder 118. Sailing On The Seven Seas - Orchestral Manoeuvr 119. Emperor's New Clothes - Sinead O'connor 201. Don't You Love Me - Eternal 202. Undivided Love - Louise 203. Love Makes No Sense' - Alexander O'neal 204. Me & Mrs Jones - Freddie Jackson 205. Tennessee - Arrested Development 206. Tonite - Phats & Small 207. Faith - Rozalla 208. Hallelujah - Inner City 209. Vibeology - Paula Abdul 210. Sail Away - Urban Cookie Collective 211. Come On Everybody (Get Down) - Us 212. Wear Your Love Like Heaven - Definition Of Soun 213. Hangin' On A String (Remix) - Loose Ends 214. Let It Last - Carleen Anderson 215. Sista Sista - Beverley Knight 216. House It Not A Home - Charles & Eddie 217. Best Of You - Kenny Thomas 218. Lady - D'angelo 219. Still In Love With You - Cherrelle 220. Because I Love You - Stevie B 301. In The Summertime - Shaggy Featuring Rayvon 302. Satisfaction - Vanilla Ice 303. Made It Back - Beverley Knight Featuring Redma 304. Girlfriend - Billie 305. Just Wanna Know - Maxi Priest 306. Don't Worry - Kim Appleby 307. Don't Pass Me By - Mc Hammer 308. (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You - Ub 309. Thinking About Your Love - Kenny Thomas 310. Mfeo - Kavana 311. Natural Thing - Innocence 312. Carry The Blame - River City People 313. The King Of Wishful Thinking - Go West 314. I'm Not In Love - Fun Lovin' Criminals 315. It Must Have Been Love - Roxette 316. Get The Message - Electronic 317. Not So Manic Now - Dubstar 318. Riddim - Us 319. Trip To Trumpton - Urban Hype 320. Run To You - Rage 401. Top Of The World (Ole Ole Ole) - Chumbawamba 402. After The Watershed - Carter Usm 403. Richard III - Supergrass 404. Change - Blind Melon 405. A Better Man - Thunder 406. Always Breaking My Heart - Belinda Carlisle 407. Perseverence - Terrorvision 408. She's In Fashion - Suede 409. Lazy Lover - The Supernaturals 410. Closed For Business - Mansun 411. All I Need - Air 412. It's Only Natural - Crowded House 413. Three Babies - Sinead O'connor 414. King Of The Road - The Proclaimers 415. Bad Actress - Terrorvision 416. Why You Treat Me So Bad - Shaggy 417. Come Back Darling - Ub 418. Don't You Want Me - The Farm 419. Goodbye - The Sundays
Spice Trip SQUARE PEG
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
The easiest way to make your cooking exciting - over 100 delicious spice-laced recipes from Channel 4's brand new primetime cookery series Stevie Parle and Emma Grazette are on a mission to spice up Britain's kitchens and demystify the treasures hidden away in our cupboards. They have been on an incredible spice trip to all corners of the world to discover the secrets of six essential everyday spices and poured the best recipes, therapies and mementoes from their journey onto the pages of this book for us all to take home and use. While there are some recipes to throw up a challenge to the hardiest of chilli fans, these spice-infused dishes appeal to all tastes. Some are hot, some sweet, some subtle, and they're all special and really easy to cook. And as well as exploring the culinary uses of each spice, Emma also reveals their therapeutic value through the secrets she discovered from the incredible people she met on her journey. With over 100 thoroughly tested recipes, therapies and photography from an incredible journey, let Spice Trip transform your cooking and your life from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
D-Day - the Last of the Liberators Helion & Company Limited
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
The commemoration of D-Day holds a special place in the hearts and minds of the British people. Each June some of the last remaining veterans make the journey back to Normandy, with its memorials and the spine-tingling tranquility of the war cemeteries, there to remember those who never came home. D-Day: The Last of the Liberators is a collection of portraits of some of the last surviving Normandy veterans. It records in a unique way the stories of these remarkable individuals and their emotional but dignified return to the locations, in many cases the exact spot, which are tied to their most profound personal memories of the campaign; places where they saw action or were wounded, where they experienced instances of miraculous chance or where they witnessed their friends being taken away from them through the horror of battle. The significance of these photographs cannot be overlooked. As time takes its toll, fewer and fewer veterans make the journey back to Normandy. The 70th anniversary in 2014 will mark the end of the Normandy Veterans Association. After the commemorations, the association will close its doors; its branches will wrap up and all but the private pilgrimages to the beaches will end, eventually leaving the duty to remember those fallen comrades to their descendants and the wider population of a still grateful nation. This is not an account of the strategic challenges of carrying out the Normandy landings, nor the story of a battalion or company embroiled in its own struggle for survival. Those accounts exist and their value is enormous. This book is different: it focuses on the individual and is a record of the experience at the most personal level, viewed with the benefit of seven decades of perspective. These photographs, taken during the 68th and 69th anniversaries, are a record of some of the final visits these brave and dignified men and women will make to the places that imprinted themselves indelibly on their lives. It makes the link, so easily lost, between the young people who faced those challenges and the individuals they became through those experiences - and who went on to rebuild a shattered world with the conviction that it must never happen again. The subjects of D-Day: The Last of the Liberators are the representatives of this remarkable generation, their stories told in the accompanying text, but etched on their faces as they are confronted, perhaps for the final time, by stark memories from a haunting past. These portraits are a thank you to the British veterans of D-Day, because they risked so much to give us the lives and freedom we enjoy today.
Passage to Eternity Inkwater Press
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Azmina Suleman's in-depth account of a near-death experience is a treasure of a spiritual read. Islamic near-death accounts are rather rare in the literature, and this account from a Shia Ismaili Muslim adds a significant dimension to near-death experience accounts. Her 2 - 1/2 page description of her union with Godalone is worth the price of the book! Dr. Ken R. Vincent Author of VISIONS OF GOD FROM THE NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE Azmina Suleman is one of those incredible teachers who provides the reader with a unique glimpse into the other side. She brings a very different perspective as a Muslim and someone from a multicultural background. Yet, she has managed to provide a balanced description of her experience without overstating her beliefs. As a well-grounded and published journalist, Azmina shares her near-death experience in a special way, and in doing so bridges an important gap as she addresses such questions as what it means to have an NDE, and what happenson the other side. More importantly, she forces us to take a closer look at what it is that we should be learning and gathering from these experiences. It is a very well-written account that will speak to the medical community caring for the critically ill, the researcher, as well as those just wanting to know more about the phenomena. Dr. Diane K. Corcoran, Ph.D. Past President of IANDS International Association for Near-Death Studies A Passage to Eternity is destined to be remembered as a notable event in the exploration, study and appreciation of the psyche. Azmina Suleman speaks powerfully and unforgettably, as she takes us on an intimate journey through the complex world of near-death experiences. She distills with stunning clarity the emotional depth, beauty, and spiritual richness to be found in a trans-dimensional reality that lies just beyond the physical. Not only is this book a compelling testament to the potential for profound wisdom and mysterious insight open to those who are receptive to such natural wisdom, but it is an important addition to the field of psycho-spiritual studies based on personal experience. Dr. Abdul Sultan Hassam, Ph.D., D.Sc., ABMPP Professor of Cognitive Science & Philosophy of Religion What impresses me most about Azmina Suleman's extraordinary story is its absolute candor and honesty. Whether you believe in an afterlife or not (and I myself am agnostic on this question), you cannot doubt the truth to be found in her telling of a profound personal experience. What is important here is not its epistemic validity, but its moral value - its power to inspire faith, and care for others. John King University of Calgary, Alberta
Roaming Through the West Indies (Classic Reprint) Forgotten Books
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Excerpt from Roaming Through the West Indies Some years ago I made a tramping trip around the world for my own pleasure. Friends coaxed me to set it down on paper and new friends were kind enough to read it. Since then they have demanded more - at least so the publishers say - but always specifying that it shall be on foot. Now, I refuse to be dictated to as to how I shall travel; I will not be bullied into tramping when I wish to ride. The journey herewith set forth is, therefore, among other things, a physical protest against that attempted coercion, a proof that I do not need to walk unless I choose to do so. To make broken resolutions impossible, I picked out a trip that could not be done on foot. It would be difficult indeed to walk through the West Indies. Then, to make doubly sure, I took with me a newly acquired wife - and we brought back a newly acquired son, though that has nothing to do with the present story. I will not go so far as to say that I abjured footing it entirely. As a further proof of personal liberty I walked when and where the spirit moved me - and the element underfoot was willing. But I wish it distinctly understood from the outset that this is no "walking trip." Once having broken the friends who flatter me with their attention of expecting me to confine myself to the prehistoric form of locomotion - I shall probably take to the road again to relieve a chronic foot-itch. The following pages do not pretend to "cover" the West Indies. They are made up of the random pickings of an eight-months' tour of the Antilles, during which every island of importance was visited, but they are put together rather for the entertainment of the armchair traveler than for the information of the traveler in the flesh. While the latter may find in them some points to jot down in his itinerary, he should depend rather on the several thorough and orderly books that have been written for his special benefit. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
Long Road to Victory (Classic Reprint) Forgotten Books
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Excerpt from The Long Road to Victory This is a book of soldiers' tales, told, for the most part, by those who took part in the events they records. They are drawn from many branches of service and from many countries; sometimes they are concerned with great and critical operations, but more often they deal with episodes and sideshows in the huge business of war. Their romance is the romance of naked truth undecorated by fancy, for the authentic miracles of the last few years have left the professional romancer limping far behind. There has never in the worlds history been such an arena of drama and strange adventure as that long road which the Allies travelled to victory. Libraries will not exhaust its treasures; indeed, it will be years before we, who have been preoccupied with special stages, will be able to grasp the wonders of the whole journey. This budget of wayside tales is only the cutting of a few sheaves at random from an immense harvest. The book is intended especially for those who are only now growing to manhood, and were too young themselves to take part in the campaigns. It would not be a good thing to be always thinking about the war, for the eyes of youth should be turned forward. But it would be a worse thing to forget it, for it is a matter for everlasting remembrance and eternal pride. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
szukaj w Kangoo krainaksiazek babies take us on a special journey 20111774
Sklepy zlokalizowane w miastach: Warszawa, Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
Szukaj w sklepach lub całym serwisie
t1=0.096, t2=0, t3=0, t4=0, t=0.096