krainaksiazek bedtime for mommy what a 5 year old sees a children s book illustrated by a 5 year old 20040356
- znaleziono 13 produktów w 5 sklepach
Książki & Multimedia > Książki
Opis - Pierwsze na świecie świadectwo ofiary zbrodni honorowej. Miała siedemnaście lat i zakochała się: zhańbiła rodzinę. Więc rodzina wydała na nią wyrok śmierci... Pokochała go pierwszą miłością. Myślała, że się z nią ożeni. Ale ukochany zniknął, a ona odkryła, że jest w ciąży. A w jej świecie to najcięższa zbrodnia... W zapomnianej przez Boga wiosce w Cisjordanii kobiety są warte mniej niż zwierzęta domowe. Tu mężczyzna jest panem życia i śmierci żony, córki, siostry. Brat może bezkarnie zabić siostrę, matka - córkę, kolejną bezużyteczną dziewczynkę, jaka się urodzi. Tu kobiecie odbiera się godność, a nawet życie zgodnie z odwiecznym obyczajem i uświęconą tradycją. A śmierć jest karą dla dziewczyny, która zhańbi rodzinę. Tak jak Souad. Wyrok wydaje jej ojciec. Szwagier dokonuje egzekucji. Oblewa Souad benzyną i podpala... SOUAD przeżyła - cudem, ale rodzina usiłowała zabić ją nawet w szpitalu. Na zawsze jednak pozostanie straszliwie okaleczona - na ciele i duszy. I wciąż musi się ukrywać; dopóki żyje, jej rodzinę okrywa hańba. Spalona żywcem, opublikowana pod pseudonimem szokująca opowieść o piekle, jakim było jej dzieciństwo i młodość, stała się międzynarodowym bestsellerem. Wydana w 37 w krajach książka przerywa tabu milczenia wobec istniejącej nadal w krajach muzułmańskich barbarzyńskiej tradycji. Nieludzkiego obyczaju, prawa mężczyzn, na mocy którego co najmniej pięć tysięcy kobiet pada co roku ofiarą zbrodni honorowej. Nazwa - Spalona Żywcem Wyd. Kieszonkowe Autor - Souad Oprawa - Miękka Wydawca - Amber Kod ISBN - 9788324159406 Kod EAN - 9788324159406 Wydanie - 1 Rok wydania - 2016 Tłumacz - 31182,maria rostworowska; Format - 110 x 175 x 14 Ilość stron - 224 Podatek VAT - 5% Premiera - 2016-06-23
Książki & Multimedia > Książki
Opis - 'Only with the greatest of simplifications, for the sake of convenience, can we say Africa. In reality, except as a geographical term, Africa doesn't exist'. Ryszard Kapuscinski has been writing about the people of Africa throughout his career. In a study that avoids the official routes, palaces and big politics, he sets out to create an account of post-colonial Africa seen at once as a whole and as a location that wholly defies generalised explanations. It is both a sustained meditation on the mosaic of peoples and practises we call 'Africa', and an impassioned attempt to come to terms with humanity itself as it struggles to escape from foreign domination, from the intoxications of freedom, from war and from politics as theft. The Beginning: Collision, Ghana 1958 More than anything, one is struck by the light. Light everywhere. Brightness everywhere. Everywhere, the sun. Just yesterday, an autumnal London was drenched in rain. The airplane drenched in rain. A cold, wind, darkness. But here, from the morning's earliest moments, the airport is ablaze with sunlight, all of us in sunlight. In times past, when people wandered the world on foot, rode on horseback, or sailed in ships, the journey itself accustomed them to the change. Images of the earth passed ever so slowly before their eyes, the stage revolved in a barely perceptible way. The voyage lasted weeks, months. The traveller had time to grow used to another environment, a different landscape. The climate too, changed gradually. Before the traveller arrived from a cool Europe to the burning Equator, he already had left behind the pleasant warmth of Las Palmas, the heat of Al-Mahara, and the hell of the Cape Verde islands. Today, nothing remains of these gradations. Air travel tears us violently out of snow and cold and hurls us that very same day into the blaze of the tropics. Suddenly, still rubbing our eyes, we find ourselves in a humid inferno. We immediately start to sweat. If we've come from Europe in the wintertime, we discard overcoats, peel off sweaters. It's the first gesture of initiation we, the people of the North, perform upon arrival in Africa. People of the North. Have we sufficiently considered the fact that northerners constitute a distinct minority on our planet? Canadians and Poles, Lithuanians and Scandinavians, some Americans and Germans, Russians and Scots. Laplanders and Eskimos, Evenkis and Yakuts - the list is not very long. It may amount to o more than 500 million people: less than 10 per cent of the earth's population. The overwhelming majority live in hot climates, their days spent in the warmth of the sun. Mankind first came into being in the sun, the oldest traces of his existence have been found in warm climes. What was the weather like in the biblical paradise? It was eternally warm, hot even, so that Adam and Eve could go about naked and not feel chilled even in the shade of a tree. Something else strikes the new arrival even as he descends the steps of the airplane: the smell of the tropics. Perhaps he's had intimations of it. It is the scent that permeated Mr Kanzman's little shop, Colonial and Other Goods, on Perec Street in my hometown of Pinsk. Almonds, cloves, dates, and cocoa. Vanilla and laurel leaves, oranges and bananas, cardamom and saffron. And Drohobych. The interiors of Bruno Schulz's cinnamon shops. Didn't their
Shadow of the Sun Penguin
'Only with the greatest of simplifications, for the sake of convenience, can we say Africa. In reality, except as a geographical term, Africa doesn't exist'. Ryszard Kapuscinski has been writing about the people of Africa throughout his career. In a study that avoids the official routes, palaces and big politics, he sets out to create an account of post-colonial Africa seen at once as a whole and as a location that wholly defies generalised explanations. It is both a sustained meditation on the mosaic of peoples and practises we call 'Africa', and an impassioned attempt to come to terms with humanity itself as it struggles to escape from foreign domination, from the intoxications of freedom, from war and from politics as theft. The Beginning: Collision, Ghana 1958 More than anything, one is struck by the light. Light everywhere. Brightness everywhere. Everywhere, the sun. Just yesterday, an autumnal London was drenched in rain. The airplane drenched in rain. A cold, wind, darkness. But here, from the morning
Blood Doctor Penguin
Powieści i opowiadania
Blitz Kids CONSTABLE & ROBINSON
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
From the dangers of London streets during the Blitz to working on the high seas in the Merchant Navy during the Atlantic Convoy, children were on the frontline of battle during the Second World War. In Sean Longden's gripping retelling of the conflict, he explores how the war impacted upon a whole generation who lost their innocence at home and abroad, on the battlefield and the home front. Through extensive interviews and research, Longden uncovers previously untold stories of heroism and courage: the eleven year old boy who was sunk on the SS Benares and left in frozen water for two days; the teenage Girl Guide awarded the George Medal for bravery; the merchant seaman sunk three times by the age of seventeen; the fourteen year old who signed up for the army three times before finally seeing action in the Normandy campaign; the fourteen year old 'Boy Buglers' of the Royal Marines on active service onboard battleships; as well as the harrowing experiences of the boy who was survived the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster; and, the horrors of being a child captive in the German PoW camps. "Blitz Kids" will change forever the way one sees the relationship between the Second World War and the generation - our grandparents and great grandparents - who bravely faced the challenge of Nazism. Allowing them to tell their stories in their own words, Sean Longden brings both the horrors and the humour of young lives lived in troubled times. The book includes stories of: the seventeen year old boy who signed up 4 times before he made it onto the beaches at Normandy; the Girl Guide who saved a family during the blitz; the teenage merchant seaman who was sunk three times; and, what it was like to be a teenage POW after the disasters of Dunkirk. Praise for Sean Longden: "A rising name in military history ...able to uncover the missing stories of the Second World War". ("The Guardian"). "A tenacious sleuth of Second World War secrets". (Andrew Roberts). "At times you have to stop and remind yourself that you're reading history and not an 007 thriller". ("The Soldier"). "First class history from a first class historian". ("Military Illustrated"). "Fascinating". ("Financial Times").
Original Movie Themes Documents
1. Garland, Judy / Walters, C. - Medley: Presenting L 2. Studio Orchestra - Main Title From Easter Parade ( 3. Astaire, Fred & Cast - Happy Easter (From Movie E 4. Newman, Alfred Orchestra - Later That Night (From 5. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Twelve Oaks (From Movie 6. Temple, Shirley - On The Ship Lollipop (From Movie 7. Studio Orchestra - Dementia (From Movie Spellboun 8. Jolson, Al - Liza Lee (From Movie Big Boy) 9. Astaire, Fred - Drum Crazy (From Movie Easter Par 10. Astaire, Fred - Shootin' The Works For Uncle Sam ( 11. Jolson, Al - Little Sunshine (From Movie Big Boy 12. Temple, Shirley / Dunn, James - Baby Take A Bow (F 13. Studio Orchestra - Main Title From Yamkee Doodle D 14. Astaire, Fred - It Only Happens When I Dance With 15. Studio Orchestra - Munchkinland Musical Sequence ( 16. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Escape From Atlanta Medle 17. Herrmann, Bernard Orchestra - Jane's Return (From 18. Temple, Shirley / Evans, Madge - Laugh You Sun Of 101. Dames (From Movie Da 102. Studio Orchestra - Beautiful Faces Need Beautiful 103. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Casablanca Medley (From M 104. Temple, Shirley - The World Owes Me A Living (From 105. Cagney, James & Cast - Keep Your Eyes Upon Me (Fro 106. Leslie, Joan - I Was Born In Virginia (From Movie 107. Studio Orchestra - This Is The Life (From Movie E 108. Jolson, Al - I Love To Sing-a (From Movie The Sin 109. Temple, Shirley / Dunn, James - On Accounta I Love 110. Cagney, James / Leslie, Joan - Harrigan (From Movi 111. Jolson, Al - You Made Me Love You (From Movie The 112. James, Harry & His Orchestra - I've Heard That Son 113. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Arrival Of Ilsa & Victor 114. Temple, Shirley - Love's Young Dream (From Movie 115. Studio Orchestra - Call Me Up Some Rainy Afternoon 116. Cagney, James / Leslie, Joan - Mary (From Movie Y 117. Keine Kuenstlerinformation / Piano Improvisation - 118. Temple, Shirley - The Toy Trumpet (From Movie The 201. Powell, Dick / Keeler, Ruby / Chorus - I Only Have 202. Astaire, Fred / Mel-tones, The / Little Sisters - 203. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Dat's What Noah Done (Fro 204. Temple, Shirley - Animal Crackers In My Soup (From 205. Cagney, James / Langford, Frances - Over There (Fr 206. Kyser, Kay & His Orchestra / Chorus - Jingle Jangl 207. Wilson, Dooley & Orchestra - Knock On Wood (From M 208. Garland, Judy / Astaire, Fred - A Couple Of Swells 209. D. Beavers & Chorus - The Girl On The Magazine Cov 210. Temple, Shirley - When I Grow Up (From Movie Curl 211. Jolson, Al - Carolina In The Morning (From Movie 212. Haymes, Dick & The Song Spinners - You'll Never Kn 213. Day, Doris / Brown, Les Orchestra - My Dreams Are 214. Astaire, Fred - I've Got My Eyes On You (From Movi 215. Cagney, James - Strictly Off The Record (From Movi 216. Temple, Shirley - Believe Me... (From Movie The L 217. Garland, Judy / Iturbi, Jose - The Joint Is Really 218. Tilton, Martha - I'll Walk Alone (From Movie Foll 301. Shaw, Winifred / Powell, Dick - Lullaby Of Broadwa 302. Garland, Judy - Better Luck Next Time (From Movie 303. Mcphail, Douglas - I Concentrate On You (From Movi 304. Temple, Shirley - When I'm With You (From Movie P 305. Day, Doris - It's Magic (From Movie Romance On Th 306. B.j. Rhodes - The Fleet's In (From Movie The Flee 307. Hutton, Betty - If You Build A Better Mousetrap (F 308. Jolson, Al - California Here I Come (From Movie T 309. Studio Jazz Group - A Staircable Rag (From Origina 310. Lamour, Dorothy / Lamour, Dorothy / Hutton, Bet - 311. L. & R. Dance Team - I Remember You (From Movie T 312. Temple, Shirley - Oh My Goodness (From Movie Poor 313. Shore, Dinah - Thank Your Lucky Stars (From Movie 314. Cantor, Eddie - We're Staying Home Tonight (From M 315. Carson, Jack / Hale, Alan - Goin' North (From Movi 316. Astaire, Fred - So Near & Yet So Far (From Movie 317. Temple, Shirley & Cast - At The Codfish Ball (From 318. Lamour, Dorothy - I Remember You (From Movie The 401. Shaw, Winifred / Canova, Judy - The Lady In Red (F 402. Temple, Shirley - The Right Somebody To Love (From 403. Daley, Cass - Tomorrow You Belong To Uncle Sammy ( 404. Sheridan, Ann / Reynolds, Jayce - Love Isn't Born, 405. Morgan, Dennis / Leslie, Joan - No You, No Me (Fro 406. Temple, Shirley - Goodnight My Love (From Movie S 407. Shore, Dinah - The Dreamer (From Movie Thank Your 408. Jolson, Al - Rock A Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Mel 409. Davis, Bette - They're Either Too Young Or Too Old 410. Temple, Shirley - That's What I Want For Christmas 411. Shore, Dinah - How Sweet You Are (From Movie Than 412. Morgan, Dennis - Goodnight Good Neighbour (From Mo 413. Faye, Alice - This Year's Kisses (From Movie On T 414. Temple, Shirley - You've Got To Smile (From Movie 415. Niesen, Gertrude / Murhpy, George - This Is The Ar 416. Dorsey, Jimmy & His Orchestra - Ohio (From Movie 417. Haymes, Dick - How Many Times Do I Have To Tell Yo 418. Faye, Alice / Haley, Jack / Chandler, Chick - The 501. Powell, Dick / Blondell, Joan / Dixon, Lee - All's 502. Temple, Shirley - Get On Board Li'l Children (From 503. Powell, Dick / Carroll, Madeleine - You're Laughin 504. Dorsey, Jimmy & His Orchestra - The Champ (From Mo 505. Vernon, Wally / Dunbar, Dixie / Faye, Alice - Ever 506. Landis, Carole - Boogie Woogie / Crazy Me (From Mo 507. Powell, Dick - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (F 508. Temple, Shirley - He Was A Dandy (From Movie Dimp 509. Ameche, Don - Now It Can Be Told (From Movie Alex 510. Powell, Dick / Ritz Brothers - Eyes (Ochyhe Tchorn 511. Tilton, Martha - Wedding Cake Walk (From Movie Yo 512. Langford, Frances - Broadway Rhythm (From Movie B 513. Studio Orchestra - Dream Ballet (From Movie Yolan 514. Temple, Shirley - Hey What Did The Blue Jay Say (F 515. Powell, Dick / Cast - Slumming On Park Avenue (Fro 516. Soldiers Chorus - We're On Our Way To France (From 517. Merman, Ethel / Faye, Alice - Blue Skies (From Mov 518. King's Men, The - What'll I Do (From Movie Alexan 601. Dandrige, Dorothy / Miller, Glenn Orchestra - Chat 602. Temple, Shirley - In Our Little Wooden Shoes (From 603. Merman, Ethel / Faye, Alice - Remember Medley (Fro 604. Ameche, Don - Easter Parade (From Movie Alexander 605. Studio Chorus - The Army's Madea Man Out Of Me (Fr 606. Shanley, Robert & Company - This Time Is The Last 607. Smith, Kate - God Bless America (From Movie This 608. Magelssen, Ralph - Mandy (From Movie This Is The 609. Faye, Alice - Alexander's Ragtime Band (From Movie 610. Berlin, Irving - Oh, How I Hate To Get Up In The M 611. Rainer, Louise - It's Delightful To Be Married (Fr 612. Doyle, Budd - If You Knew Susie (From Movie The G 613. Brice, Fanny - Yiddle On The Fiddle (From Movie T 614. Studio Chorus - Looking For A Silver Lining (From 615. Shanley, Robert - With My Head In The Clouds (From 616. Berlin, Irving - Final Courtain (From Movie The G 617. Faye, Alice - On The Moonlight Bay (From Movie Ti 618. Grable, B. / Chorus - Medley From Tin Pan Alley (F 701. Studio Orchestra - Munchkinland Musical Sequence ( 702. Oakie, J. / Faye, A. & Cast - K K K Katie (From Mo 703. Haver, June / Blaine, Vivian / Vera-ellen - On The 704. Jolson, Al - April Showers (From Movie A Plantati 705. Berlin, Irving - Making Faces (From Movie Easter 706. Studio Chorus - Three Little Girls In Blue (From M 707. Temple, Shirley - Polly Wolly Doodle (From Movie 708. Jolson, Al - Dirty Hands - Dirty Face (From Movie 709. Keine Kuenstlerinformation / Cast - Final Thank Yo 710. Vera-ellen - I Like Mike (From Movie Three Little 711. Warner Bros. Orchestra - In The Library (From Movi 712. Studio Orchestra - Along Came Ruth (From Movie Ea 713. Jolson, Al - Toot Toot Tootsie (From Movie The Ja 714. Blaine, Vivian - Somewhere In The Night (From Movi 715. Cagney, James - Over There (From Movie The Forest 716. Jolson, Al - Blue Skies (From Movie The Jazz Sing 717. Herrmann, Bernard Orchestra - The Wedding (From Mo 718. Warner Bros. Orchestra - Twelve Oaks (From Movie 801. Garland, Judy / Astaire, Fred - Vaudeville Montage 802. Haver, June / Montgomery, George - This Is Always 803. Jolson, Al - My Mommy (From Movie The Jazz Singer 804. Temple, Shirley / Faye, Alice / Haley, Jack - But 805. Mcdaniel, Hattie / Best, William / Brooks, Jess - 806. Holm, Celeste - Always The Lady (From Movie Three 807. Studio Orchestra - Main Title From Cabin In The Sk 808. Jolson, Al - It All Depends On You (From Movie Th 809. Waters, Ethel / Johnson, Hall Choir - Little Black 810. Spencer, Kenneth - Old Ship Of Zion (From Movie C 811. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - The First Revelation 812. Jolson, Al - I'm Sitting On Top Of The World (From 813. Waters, Ethel / Anderson, Eddie Rochester - Cabi 814. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - Saint Petunia (From 815. Jolson, Al - The Spaniard That Blighted My Life (F 816. Armstrong, Louis & His Orchestra - Ain't It The Tr 817. Horne, Lena - Ain't It The Truth (From Movie Cabi 818. Horne, Lena / Anderson, Eddie Rochester - Life's 901. Brazilian Turunas Orchestra - Carioca (From Movie 902. Jolson, Al - Golden Gate (From Movie The Singing 903. Waters, Ethel - Taking A Chance On Love (From Movi 904. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - Love Me Tomorrow (Fr 905. Jolson, Al - Back In Your Own Backyard (From Movie 906. Ellington, Duke & His Orchestra - Going Up (From M 907. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - The Meek & The Mild 908. Jolson, Al - Used To You (From Movie Say It With 909. Waters, Ethel / Ellington, Duke Orchestra - Honey 910. Waters, Ethel - Taking A Chance On Love - Reprise 911. Jolson, Al - I'm Seventh Heaven (From Movie Say I 912. Ellington, Duke & His Orchestra - Down At Jim Henr 913. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - Little Joe Throws Sn 914. Jolson, Al - Give My Regards To Broadway (From Mov 915. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - The Third Revelation 916. Horne, Lena / Ellington, Duke Orchestra - Honey In 917. Jolson, Al - Let Me Sing & I'm Happy (From Movie 918. M-g-m Studio Orchestra, The - Amen (From Movie Ca
The Texas Troubadour PROPER RECORDS-GBR
1. Walking The Floor Over You 2. Try Me One More Time 3. Soldier's Last Letter 4. Yesterday's Tears 5. Keep My Mem'ry In Your Heart 6. Tomorrow Never Comes 7. Careless Darlin' 8. It's Been So Long, Darling 9. Rainbow At Midnight 10. Filipino Baby 11. Drivin' Nails In My Coffin 12. Don't Look Now (But Your Broken Heart Is Showing) 13. So Round, So Firm, So Fully Packed 14. I'll Step Aside 15. Seaman's Blues 16. You Nearly Lose Your Mind 17. Forever Is Ending Today 18. That Wild & Wicked Look In Your Eye 19. Have You Ever Been Lonely (Have You Ever Been Blue 20. Let's Say Goodbye Like We Said Hello 21. Till The End Of The World 22. I'm Biting My Fingernails & Thinking Of You 23. Don't Rob Another Man's Castle 24. Daddy, When Is Mommy Coming Home 25. Mean Mama Blues 101. Slippin' Around 102. My Tennessee Baby 103. My Filipino Rose 104. Warm Red Wine 105. Blue Christmas 106. White Christmas 107. Tennessee Border (Part 2) 108. Letters Have No Arms 109. Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Age 110. I'll Take A Back Seat For You 111. I Love You Because 112. Unfaithful One 113. Throw Your Love My Way 114. Give Me A Little Old Fashioned Love 115. Hillbilly Fever No. 2 116. (Remember Me) I'm The One Who Loves You 117. Goodnight Irene 118. Don't Stay Too Long 119. Hey La La 120. Driftwood On The River 121. The Strange Little Girl 122. Missing In Action 123. Somebody's Stolen My Honey 124. Fortunes In Memories 125. Too Old To Cut The Mustard 201. Blue Eyed Elaine 202. I'll Get Along Somehow 203. Swell San Angelo 204. I'll Never Cry Over You 205. My Baby & My Wife 206. Please Remember Me 207. Our Baby's Book 208. First Year Blues 209. Wasting My Life Away 210. When The World Has Turned You Down 211. I'll Always Be Glad To Take You Back 212. I Ain't Goin' Honky Tonkin' Anymore 213. I've Really Learned A Lot 214. I'm Wondering How 215. I Know What It Means To Be Lonely 216. Are You Waiting Just For Me 217. Answer To Walking The Floor Over You 218. There's A Little Bit Of Everything In Texas 219. Should I Come Back Home To You 220. You'll Want Me Back 221. There's Gonna Be Some Changes Made Around Here 222. I'm Free At Last 223. Wondering If You're Wondering Too 224. There's Nothing On My Mind 225. Don't Brush Them On Me 301. The Last Thoughts Of Jimmie Rodgers 302. I'm Missing You 303. Time After Time 304. Fort Worth Jail 305. You Were Only Teasing Me 306. A Lonely Heart Knows 307. You Hit The Nail Right On The Head 308. Headin' Down The Wrong Highway 309. Waiting For A Train 310. When I Take My Vacation In The Sky 311. Stand By Me 312. The Old Rugged Cross 313. What A Friend We Have In Jesus 314. The Wonderful City 315. Farther Along 316. Texas Vs. Kentucky 317. G-i-r-l Spells Trouble 318. I'm Free From The Chain Gang Now 319. The Lovebug Itch 320. Kentucky Waltz 321. I'm With A Crowd But So Alone 322. My Mother Must Have Been A Girl Like You 323. Somebody Loves You 324. Don't Trifle On Your Sweetheart 325. Merry Texas Christmas, You All!
Wolf Story The New York Review Children's Collection
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
This irresistible book is about: a father; his five-year-old son, Michael (intelligent, crafty, addicted to stories); Michael's best friend Stefan (stalwart listener, equally addicted to stories); and, well-what else?-a story. Oh, and a wolf. It is (it's what Michael always demands) a Wolf Story, which begins one night at bedtime and spins wildly on through subsequent bedtimes and Sunday outings to the beach and park in a succession of ever more trickily tantalizing episodes. Waldo the wolf is sneaking up on Rainbow the hen, when Jimmy Tractorwheel, the son of the local farmer, comes along. After that, there's no knowing what will happen next, as while stalled in traffic jams or nodding off at night, the boys chime in and the story races on and Waldo finds if not necessarily dinner, his just desserts. First published in 1947 and wonderfully illustrated by Warren Chappell, William McCleery's Wolf Story is a delicious treat for fathers and sons and daughters and mothers alike.
Sebastiao Salgado. GENESIS TASCHEN
WYDAWNICTWA ALBUMOWE > Fotografia > Tematyczna > Reportaż i dokument
ISBN: 9783836538725 Autor: Salgado Lélia Wanick Rok wydania: 2013-06-15 Ilość stron: 520 Oprawa: twarda Format: 243 x 355 mm Earth eternal A photographic homage to our planet in its natural state
Globalization & its Discontents Penguin
Our world is changing. Globalization is not working. It is hurting those it was meant to help. And now, the tide is turning
Bill Clinton - Giving Random House
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Here, from Bill Clinton, is a call to action. Giving is an inspiring look at how each of us can change the world. First, it reveals the extraordinary and innovative efforts now being made by companies and organizations - and by individuals - to solve problems and save lives both 'down the street and around the world'. Then it urges us to seek out what each of us, 'regardless of income, available time, age, and skills', can do to help, to give people a chance to live out their dreams. Bill Clinton shares his own experiences and those of other givers, representing a global flood tide of nongovernmental, nonprofit activity. These remarkable stories demonstrate that gifts of time, skills, things, and ideas are as important and effective as contributions of money. From Bill and Melinda Gates to a six-year-old California girl named McKenzie Steiner, who organized and supervised drives to clean up the beach in her community, Clinton introduces us to both well-known and unknown heroes of giving. Among them: Dr. Paul Farmer, who grew up living in the family bus in a trailer park, vowed to devote his life to giving high-quality medical care to the poor and has built innovative public health-care clinics first in Haiti and then in Rwanda; a New York couple, in Africa for a wedding, who visited several schools in Zimbabwe and were appalled by the absence of textbooks and school supplies. They founded their own organization to gather and ship materials to thirty-five schools. After three years, the percentage of seventh-graders who pass reading tests increased from 5 percent to 60 percent; Oseola McCarty, who after seventy-five years of eking out a living by washing and ironing, gave $150,000 to the University of Southern Mississippi to endow a scholarship fund for African-American students; Andre Agassi, who has created a college preparatory academy in the Las Vegas neighbourhood with the city's highest percentage of at-risk kids. 'Tennis was a stepping-stone for me,' says Agassi. 'Changing a child's life is what I always wanted to do'; Heifer International, which gave twelve goats to a Ugandan village. Within a year, Beatrice Biira's mother had earned enough money selling goat's milk to pay Beatrice's school fees and eventually to send all her children to school - and, as required, to pass on a baby goat to another family, thus multiplying the impact of the gift. Clinton speaks about men and women who traded in their corporate careers, and the fulfilment they now experience through giving. He speaks about energy-efficient practices, about progressive companies going green, about promoting fair wages and decent working conditions around the world. He shows us how one of the most important ways of giving can be an effort to change, improve, or protect a government policy. He outlines what we as individuals can do, the steps we can take, how much we should consider giving, and why our giving is so important. Bill Clinton's own actions in his post-presidential years have had an enormous impact on the lives of millions. Through his foundation and his work in the aftermath of the Asian tsunami and Hurricane Katrina, he has become an international spokesperson and model for the power of giving. 'We all have the capacity to do great things,' President Clinton says. 'My hope is that the people and stories in this book will lift spirits, touch hearts, and demonstrate that citizen activism and service can be a powerful agent of change in the world.'
Detour Bear Family Records
1. Detour 2. I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine 3. Little You Cared 4. Why Do I Love You, Oh Why 5. I Know It's Wrong 6. With Tears In My Eyes 7. I Want To Be Wanted 8. Too Little Too Late 9. I Can't Forget You (Tho I Tried) 10. I'd Trade All Of My Tomorrows 11. When You Cry (You Cry Alone) 12. Don't Play Around With My Heart 13. Until Dawn 14. A Broken Promise Means A Broken Heart 15. Let's Forget 16. Excess Baggage 17. If You Ever Need A Friend 18. I've Loved You Too Long To Forget 19. No Children Allowed 20. Old Shep 21. Mail Order Mama 22. Too Bad About You 23. You Can't Fool My Broken Heart 24. Please Write To Me Harva Lee 25. Cry Yourself To Sleep 26. I'm Writing A Letter To Heaven 27. Mom Understands 101. There's A Star Spangled Rainbow 102. Your Picture Of Love 103. Who Do You Spend Your Dreams With? 104. Before I'm Through 105. Lonely Trail Of Memory 106. The Time And The Place 107. Need You (& Marilyn Tuttle) 108. Bitin' My Fingernails (& Marilyn Tuttle) 109. Hold Me, Hold Me (& Marilyn Tuttle) 110. When You Lose The One You Love 111. This Cold War With You (& Marilyn Tuttle) 112. Yodelin' Boogie 113. A Picture In A Frame 114. Texas Yodel 115. Devil's Heart 116. (Heartsick Soldier On) Heartbreak Ridge 117. Tennessee Rose 118. I Stopped Living 119. I've Got A Round Trip Ticket (From Here To Chatt 120. The Flying Enterprise 121. Love's Call Of The Mountain 122. They Locked God Outside The Iron Curtain 123. Cathering Home 124. Fill The Cup To Overflowing 125. Hillbilly Heaven 126. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight 127. Never (& Marilyn Tuttle) 128. Higher And Higher 129. Jim, Johnny And Jonas 201. Cimarron, Roll On 202. Romorrow Never Comes 203. Love Gone Cold 204. You Don't Care 205. I Want To Be Wanted 206. Long Time Gone 207. Love Me Now 208. Why Do I Love You, Oh Why 209. Little You Cared 210. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You 211. Be Honest With Me 212. Don't Live A Lie 213. No One Will Ever Know 214. Cattle Call 215. I Guess I've Been Asleep All These Years 216. Steel Guitar Rag 217. I Hang My Head And Cry 218. You Can't Break My Heart 219. You Brought Sorrow To My Heart 220. The End Of The World 221. You Two-timed Me One Time Too Often 222. There's A New Moon Over My Shoulder 223. Nobody's Darlin' But Mine 224. Born To Lose 225. We Live In Two Different Worlds Now 226. That Pioneer Mother Of Mine 227. No Letter Today 228. Christmas Carols By The Old Corral 229. Pins And Needles In My Heart 230. Home In San Antone 231. Darling What More Can I Do 232. Try Me One More Time 233. Jealous Heart 301. Yesterday's Roses 302. I'll Wait For You, Dear 303. This Lonely World 304. Triflin' Gal 305. I'll Never Do It Again 306. I'm Lost Without You 307. Headin' Down The Wrong Highway 308. Back In The Saddle Again 309. I'll Be Back 310. There's A Rainbow On The Rio Colorado 311. A Year Ago Tonight 312. You'll Be Sorry 313. Silver Spurs (On The Golden Stairs) 314. Don't Hang Around Me Anymore 315. My Red River Rose 316. Don't You Weep Anymore Darlin' 317. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight 318. Roly Poly 319. Everytime I Dream, You're My Darlin' 320. Divorce Me C.o.d. 321. Rose Of The Alamo 322. I'm Tellin' You 323. Chained To A Memory Of You 324. Missouri 325. Just Hangin' On 326. Playin' Games With Me 327. You Only Want Me When You're Lonely 328. Ages And Ages Ago 329. The Last Mile 330. Teardrops On My Heart 331. Sweethearts On Parade 332. Foggy River 401. Dvd: Movie: Song Of The Sierras 402. Telescriptions: Red River Valley 403. When Payday Rolls Around 404. Yodeling Boogie 405. Plus More 501. Book
Story of the World Peace Hill Press
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
What terrible secret was buried in Shi Huangdi's tomb? Did nomads like lizard stew? What happened to Anansi the Spider in the Village of the Plantains? And how did a six-year-old become the last emperor of Rome? Told in a straightforward, engaging style that has become Susan Wise Bauer's trademark, The Story of the World series covers the sweep of human history from ancient times until the present. Africa, China, Europe, the Americas find out what happened all around the world in long-ago times. This first revised volume begins with the earliest nomads and ends with the last Roman emperor. Newly revised and updated, The Story of the World, Volume 1 includes maps, a new timeline, more illustrations, and additional parental aids. This read-aloud series is designed for parents to share with elementary-school children. Enjoy it together and introduce your child to the marvelous story of the world's civilizations. Each Story of the World volume provides a full year of history study when combined with the Activity Book, Audiobook, and Tests each available separately to accompany each volume of The Story of the World Text Book. Volume 1 Grade Recommendation: Grades 1-5.
Sklepy zlokalizowane w miastach: Warszawa, Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
Szukaj w sklepach lub całym serwisie
1. Sklepy z krainaksiazek pl bedtime for mommy what a 5 year old sees a children s book illustrated by a 5 year old 20040356
t1=0.229, t2=0, t3=0, t4=0.023, t=0.23