krainaksiazek brother of a company 20088106
- znaleziono 145 produktów w 12 sklepach
Company Coming Norton Creek Press
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
"Guess who's coming to dinner?" With Ruth Stout, you never knew! Would it be sweet-tempered temperance activist, Carrie Nation, who smashed the windows of illegal saloons with a hatchet? Would it be her younger brother, Rex Stout, who finagled his way onto Teddy Roosevelt's presidential yacht and later became famous for his Nero Wolfe mysteries? Would it be Dr. Poulin, the famous hypnotist? Simple-living guru Scott Nearing? Not to mention friends, neighbors, starving artists, and refugees. Ruth Stout tells the story of her life in terms of who showed up for dinner, and she describes the way she and her husband Fred turned their barn into simple visitor accommodations, turning guests into neighbors and avoiding Ben Franklin's maxim that "fish and visitors stink after three days." The main flaw of this book is that it's too short! Major events like Ruth's work in Russia during the great famine in the Twenties are mentioned only briefly, and when we realize that the New York brownstone that they lived in for a while became Nero Wolfe's house in her brother Rex's detective stories, we'd like fuller descriptions and, if possible, floor plans! But for everything that isn't there, there's something that is, making the book funny and wise and full of surprises, like all of Ruth's writing. Ruth Stout was a beloved advocate of simple living and organic gardening, and her books, including Gardening Without Work, popularized her style of simple living to millions. Company Coming was first published in 1958, and is volume 2 of our Ruth Stout Classics series. Visit http://www.nortoncreekpress.com for more of Ruth Stout's classic books.
Boddie Recording Company: NUMERO GROUP
Muzyka>Rhythm & Blues / Soul
1. Creations Unlimited - Chrystal Illusion 2. Hodges, Ricky / Funky People, The - Don't Destroy 3. Pighee, Frankie / Soulettes, The - Soul Feeling 4. Chantells - World Of Soul 5. Russell, Jackie - If You Don't What Want Me Let Me 6. Alexander, Angela - Spoilin' For A Fight 7. Inter-circle - The Pusher 8. Eddie / Ant Kill Mob, The - I'm A Number Runner 9. Bo & Metros, The - Moving On 10. Inter-circle - The Players 11. Creations Unlimited - Corruption Is The Thing 12. King James Version - He's Coming 13. Alexander, Angela / Sadler, J.d. - Don't Make Me K 14. Chantells - Why Won't You Say (What You Want) 15. Pighee, Frankie / Soulettes, The - If You Don't Th 16. Russell, Jackie - Don't Trade Love For Money 17. Bo & Metros, The - Buttered Out 18. Hodges, Ricky - I Feel It (The Love You Have For M 19. King James Version - He's Forever (Amen) 101. Jones, A.c. / Atomic Aces, The - Oh Baby (I Love Y 102. Hall, Harvey - Tell Me About It 103. Headlines - He's Looking For A Love 104. Akins, J.c. - I've Got To Find A Way (To Get To Yo 105. Modern Detergents - Monkey Hips & Yice 106. Jones, A.c. / Atomic Aces, The - Give Me Your Love 107. Harvey & Phenomenals, The - Darlene (Instrumental) 108. Little Anthony Mitchell / Modern Detergents, Th - 109. North, Penny - Satisfied 110. Akins, J.c. & Dukes, The - You Upset My Very Soul 111. Harvey & Phenomenals, The - All In Your Eyes 112. Akins, J.c. - I Love You 113. Jones, A.c. / Souletttes, The - Hole In Your Soul 114. North, Penny - Thought I Had A Good Thing 115. Harvey & Phenomenals, The - Darlene (Vocal) 116. Headlines - Baby 117. Jones, A.c. / Atomic Aces, The - Give Me Your Love 118. Headlines - He's Looking For A Love (Demo) 201. Hubbard, Rev. R.l. - Child Of The King 202. Brother Bill - Wha's Happ'nin' 203. Guiding Lights - Lost In Sin 204. Wings Of Faith Juniors Of Grand Rapids, Mi - I Can 205. Seven Revelators - Keep Holding On 206. Victory 5 - Have You Been To The Pool 207. Sounds Of Soul - Gospel Train 208. Corinthian Singers - Why? (It's A Shame) 209. Fantastic Lightning Ares - Jesus You Are My Shinin 210. Golden Harmonizers - Won't Be Back No More 211. Gospel Hebrews - Jesus Is All Over Me 212. Gospel Fabulators - Read It In The Bible 213. Spiritual Believers - Sweet To Know 214. Silver Kings - Trouble The Water 215. Cleveland Golden Echoes - Used To Live On Broadway 216. Royal Kings - Look Out For Jesus 217. Nightingale, Swanee - I Know The Lord Will Make A 218. North Wind Of Cleveland, Ohio - If I've Done Anyth 219. Gospel Ensemble - What You Need 220. Ellis, Juanita - Make A Joyful
The Weinstein Company films (Film Guide) Books LLC, Reference Series
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Source: Wikipedia. Commentary (films not included). Pages: 148. Chapters: Inglourious Basterds, The King's Speech, Grindhouse, Sicko, I'm Not There, Halloween, The Fighter, TMNT, The Mist, Nine, Piranha 3D, The Reader, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Capitalism: A Love Story, Clerks II, Rambo, Planet Terror, Death Proof, The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D, Arthur and the Invisibles, The Road, Scary Movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fanboys, Superhero Movie, Black Christmas, The Hunting Party, Wolf Creek, Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing, Blue Valentine, The Forbidden Kingdom, 1408, Bobby, Miss Potter, Stormbreaker, Scary Movie 4, Factory Girl, Flash Point, Hannibal Rising, The Ex, Igor, Nowhere Boy, Chronicle of an Escape, The Promotion, Derailed, The Libertine, Hoodwinked!, My Blueberry Nights, The Elite Squad, Mr. Nobody, Youth in Revolt, Kickin' It Old Skool, Crossing Over, Rogue, The Magic Roundabout, Miral, My Idiot Brother, Breaking and Entering, Transamerica, Unstable Fables, Awake, Pulse, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, The Matador, Who's Your Caddy?, Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World, Johnny English Reborn, Thunderpants, Mrs Henderson Presents, Dedication, La Misma Luna, Murder-Set-Pieces, Fright Night, The Nanny Diaries, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, Bad Teacher, So Undercover, Hurricane Season. Excerpt: Inglourious Basterds is a 2009 war film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz and Mélanie Laurent. The film tells the fictional story of two plots to assassinate the Nazi Germany political leadership, one planned by a young French Jewish cinema proprietor (Laurent), and the other by a team of Jewish Allied soldiers led by First Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt). Development on Inglourious Basterds began in 1998, when Tarantino wrote the script for the film. Tarantino struggled with the ending and chose to hold off filming and moved on to direct the two-part film Kill Bill. After directing Death Proof in 2007 (as part of the double feature Grindhouse), Tarantino returned to work on Inglourious Basterds. The film went into production in October 2008 and was filmed in Germany and France with a production budget of $70 million. Inglourious Basterds premiered on May 20, 2009 at the 62nd Cannes Film Festival, where it competed for the Palme d'Or. It was widely released in theaters in the United States and Europe in August 2009 by The Weinstein Company and Universal Studios. The film was successful at the box office, grossing $320,351,773 in theaters worldwide, making it Tarantino's highest-grossing film to date. It received multiple awards and nominations, including eight Academy Award nominations. For his role as Hans Landa, Christoph Waltz won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival, as well as the BAFTA Award, Golden Globe and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. In 1941, SS Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) arrives at a dairy farm in France to interrogate Perrier Lapadite (Denis Menochet) about rumors that he is hiding the Jewish Dreyfus family. Landa persuades the farmer to confess to hiding the family underneath his floor. Landa then orders the SS soldiers into the house to shoot through the floorboards where they are hiding. The entire family is killed, except the teenage Shosanna (Mélanie Laurent), whom La
Company for Henry EVERYMAN
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Everyone in Company for Henry wants to escape from something. Hard-up Henry Paradene would like to unload his hideous country house on his millionaire American cousin, J. Wendell Stickney. Wendell wishes he could be rid of his embarrassing aunt Kelly, while Kelly wants to escape her financial dependence on Wendell. Henry's niece, Jane, needs to part from her glamorous but ghastly fiance, Lionel, while Bill Hardy, who falls for Jane, needs no convincing to abandon the bachelor state. Jane's brother Algey, meanwhile, spends his time thinking up dodgy schemes to lift himself out of poverty. Everything ends happily ever after for most of them, but only when they have been put through the hoops of a classic Wodehouse plot.
Literatura faktu / Biografie
Janis Joplin â€“ amerykaĹ„ska piosenkarka i instrumentalistka, autorka tekstĂłw, malarka, uznana za jednÄ… z najwiÄ™kszych rockowych, soulowych i bluesowych Ĺ›piewaczek â€“ magazyn â€žRolling Stoneâ€ś w rankingu 100 NajwaĹĽniejszych ArtystĂłw Wszech CzasĂłw umieĹ›ciĹ‚ jÄ… na miejscu 46. PopularnoĹ›Ä‡ zdobyĹ‚a u boku zespoĹ‚u Big Brother & the Holding Company, pĂłĹşniej z Kozmic Blues i Full Tilt Boogie Band oraz wieloma innymi zespoĹ‚ami i instrumentalistami. ChoÄ‡ jej intensywna i bĹ‚yskotliwa kariera trwaĹ‚a krĂłtko, zaledwie kilka lat â€“ zaczynaĹ‚a w niewielkich klubach, by potem na Monterey Pop Festival w 1967 roku zdobyÄ‡ status gwiazdy, a nastÄ™pnie wystÄ™powaÄ‡ na najwiÄ™kszych scenach i festiwalach w Stanach Zjednoczonych, jak choÄ‡by na legendarnym Woodstock â€“ pozostawiĹ‚a po sobie wiele znakomitych utworĂłw, ktĂłre do dziĹ› inspirujÄ… mĹ‚odych artystĂłw. Jej gĹ‚os, charyzma, niezwykĹ‚y talent piosenkarski przeszĹ‚y juĹĽ do legendy, a nagraĹ‚a zaledwie cztery albumy studyjne [dwa z Big Brother & the Holding Company, dwa solowe z udziaĹ‚em dwĂłch rĂłĹĽnych zespoĹ‚Ăłw muzykĂłw], z czego ostatni zostaĹ‚ wydany niedĹ‚ugo po jej Ĺ›mierci. PerĹ‚a powstaĹ‚a gĹ‚Ăłwnie na podstawie oryginalnych wywiadĂłw z przyjaciĂłĹ‚mi, kochankami, szkolnymi kolegami, wspĂłĹ‚lokatorami i sÄ…siadami Janis Joplin oraz jej kolegami z pracy: czĹ‚onkami zespoĹ‚Ăłw, menedĹĽerami, projektantami kostiumĂłw, autorami piosenek, czĹ‚onkami ekip technicznych, organizatorami festiwali rockowych, szefami przemysĹ‚u fonograficznego i kierownikami hoteli, w ktĂłrych zatrzymywaĹ‚a siÄ™ podczas tras koncertowych.
Choral Music Naxos Classical
1. Joyful Company Of Singers - Symphony For Voices: I 2. Kathryn Cook - Symphony For Voices: Ii. Terra Aust 3. Kathryn Cook - Symphony For Voices: Iii. Jesus 4. Kathryn Cook - Symphony For Voices: Iv. Envoi 5. Peter Broadbent - Symphony For Voices: V. New Guin 6. Joyful Company Of Singers - Love, The Sentinel 7. Peter Broadbent - English Eccentrics Choral Suite: 8. Peter Broadbent - English Eccentrics Choral Suite: 9. Peter Broadbent - English Eccentrics Choral Suite: 10. Peter Broadbent - English Eccentrics Choral Suite: 11. Joyful Company Of Singers - English Eccentrics Cho 12. Peter Broadbent - English Eccentrics Choral Suite: 13. Peter Broadbent - Requiem Aeternam (Introit) 14. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: Kyr 15. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: Dom 16. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: Pie 17. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: San 18. Joyful Company Of Singers - Requiem For A Tribe Br 19. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: Agn 20. Joyful Company Of Singers - Requiem For A Tribe Br 21. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: Lib 22. Peter Broadbent - Requiem For A Tribe Brother: In
Measure of a Man Regnery Publishing Inc
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
He's been called "America's greatest living tailor" and "the most interesting man in the world." Now, for the first time, Holocaust survivor Martin Greenfield tells his incredible life story. Taken from his Czechoslovakian home at age fifteen and transported to the Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz with his family, Greenfield came face to face with "Angel of Death" Dr. Joseph Mengele and was divided forever from his parents, sisters, and baby brother. In haunting, powerful prose, Greenfield remembers his desperation and fear as a teenager alone in the death camp--and how an SS soldier's shirt dramatically altered the course of his life. He learned how to sew; and when he began wearing the shirt under his prisoner uniform, he learned that clothes possess great power and could even help save his life. Measure of a Man is the story of a man who suffered unimaginable horror and emerged with a dream of success. From sweeping floors at a New York clothing factory to founding America's premier custom suit company, Greenfield built a fashion empire. Now 86 years old and working with his sons, Greenfield has dressed the famous and powerful of D.C. and Hollywood, including Presidents Dwight Eisenhower, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama, celebrities Paul Newman, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jimmy Fallon, and the stars of Martin Scorsese's films. Written with soul-baring honesty and, at times, a wry sense of humor, Measure of a Man is a memoir unlike any other--one that will inspire hope and renew faith in the resilience of man.
A Cellarful Of Motown 4 Motown
Muzyka>Rhythm & Blues / Soul
1. Kidnapped 2. Keep On Tryin' Til You Find Love 3. Your Kiss Kiss 4. My Baby Moves Me 5. Cool, Cool Baby 6. The Girls I've Chosen To Be My Bride 7. You Didn't Show Girl 8. My Baby Changes Like The Weather 9. Doctor Of Love 10. All I Need Is A Chance 11. The Day You Take One (You Have To Take The Other) 12. Ain't Gonna Tell You 13. Dancing U.s.a. 14. That's The Way I See Him 15. Have A Little Patience And Wait 16. Three Time Loser 17. Lead Me And Guide Me 18. It's Company Time 19. Twin Brother 20. Think Of The Times 21. You're What's Happening Baby 22. I'll Turn To Stone 23. I Need You More Than Ever 24. Daddy, Cool 25. The Real You 101. Miss Lonely Hearts 102. The House That Jack Built 103. The Philly Dog 104. Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You) 105. Only A Lonely Man Would Know 106. It's Gonna Be Always 107. Somebody's Waiting For Me 108. A Bird In The Hand (Is Worth Two In The Bush) 109. Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight 110. Why Don't You Come Home? 111. You Can Do It 112. You Gave Me Love To Live For 113. Head Over Heels In Love With You Baby 114. I'd Cry 115. In The Summer 116. Just Let Me Thank You For Loving Me 117. I Feel Like I'm Falling In Love Again 118. Sock It Too Um 119. Take Him Back If It Makes You Happy 120. Born To Be Bad 121. She's All I Need In This World 122. Mobile Lil The Dancing Witch 123. Hey Girl, Come On Do The Pearl 124. In The Cool Of The Night 125. Little Miss Loser
Companies established in 1903 Books LLC, Reference Series
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Source: Wikipedia. Pages: 88. Chapters: Harley-Davidson, Buick, Ford Motor Company, Kraft Foods, Clément-Bayard, Coventry Climax, Antoinette, Worldcolor, North British Locomotive Company, Green Giant, Telefunken, Tsingtao Brewery, Talbot, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, Iroquois Motor Car Company, Husqvarna Motorcycles, Tarmac, Lazare Kaplan International, Carillion, Public Service Enterprise Group, Foyles, Motilal Banarsidass, Trinity Mirror, Detroit Edison, John Compton, Dot Cycle and Motor Manufacturing Company, Royal Securities Corporation, Aeolian Company, The Hall China Company, Büssing, Cushman, Ferguson Shipbuilders, ACCO Brands, American Automobile and Power Company, Grab It Here, The RiverBank, Sessions Clock, Grupo Sanborns, Russell Motor Car Company, Kranich's Jewelers, Trollope & Colls, Andersen Corporation, Lisle Corporation, Kreidler, Unwins Seeds, Nordseewerke, Cornish Mutual, Worthmann & Steinbach, Cosulich Line, Chambersburg, Greencastle and Waynesboro Street Railway, Life and Casualty Insurance Company of Tennessee, Ilkeston Corporation Tramways, S G Brown Ltd, Compagnie Nationale Excelsior, Caufield & Shook, Oderwerke, Watsons Water, Automobiles Grégoire, Kansas City and Olathe Electric Railway, Vestbanen, Chausson, Asiatic Petroleum Company, Phelps Motor Vehicle, Herbick & Held Printing Company, Little Crow Foods. Excerpt: Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG, formerly HDI), often abbreviated H-D or Harley, is an American motorcycle manufacturer. Founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, during the first decade of the 20th century, it was one of two major American motorcycle manufacturers to survive the Great Depression. Harley-Davidson also survived a period of poor quality control and competition from Japanese manufacturers. The company sells heavyweight (over 750 cc) motorcycles designed for cruising on the highway. Harley-Davidson motorcycles (popularly known as "Harleys") have a distinctive design and exhaust note. They are especially noted for the tradition of heavy customization that gave rise to the chopper style of motorcycle. Except for the modern VRSC model family, current Harley-Davidson motorcycles reflect the styles of classic Harley designs. Harley-Davidson's attempts to establish itself in the light motorcycle market have met with limited success and have largely been abandoned since the 1978 sale of its Italian Aermacchi subsidiary. Harley-Davidson sustains a loyal brand community which keeps active through clubs, events, and a museum. Licensing of the Harley-Davidson brand and logo accounted for $40 million (0.8%) of the company's net revenue in 2010. Clockwise from top left: William S. Harley, William A. Davidson, Walter Davidson, Sr., Arthur DavidsonIn 1901, William S. Harley, age 21, drew up plans for a small engine with a displacement of 7.07 cubic inches (116 cc) and four-inch (102 mm) flywheels. The engine was designed for use in a regular pedal-bicycle frame. Over the next two years, Harley and his childhood friend Arthur Davidson labored on their motor-bicycle using the northside Milwaukee machine shop at the home of their friend, Henry Melk. It was finished in 1903 with the help of Arthur's brother, Walter Davidson. Upon completion, the boys found their power-cycle unable to conquer Milwaukee's modest hills without pedal assistance. Will Harley and the Davidsons quickly wrote
1. Grateful Dead - Bill Graham Introduction 2. Grateful Dead - Cold Rain & Snow 3. Grateful Dead - Hi Heeled Sneakers 4. Grateful Dead - Pain In My Heart 5. Grateful Dead - Beat It On Down The Line 6. Grateful Dead - Cream Puff War 7. Grateful Dead - The Same Thing 8. Grateful Dead - He Was A Friend Of Mine 9. Grateful Dead - Dancin' In The Street 10. Grateful Dead - Smokestack Lightnin' 11. Grateful Dead - King Bee 12. Grateful Dead - In The Midnight Hour 101. Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 Of A Mile In 10 Seconds 102. Jefferson Airplane - Runnin' Round 103. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love 104. Jefferson Airplane - Today 105. Jefferson Airplane - Get Together 106. Jefferson Airplane - Other Side Of This Life 107. Jefferson Airplane - Fat Angel 108. Jefferson Airplane - Grace Talks 109. Jefferson Airplane - Go To Her 110. Jefferson Airplane - She Has Funny Cars 111. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Dino's Song 112. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Gold & Silver 113. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Smokestack Lightni 114. Country Joe & The Fish - Flying High 115. Country Joe & The Fish - Thought Dream 116. Country Joe & The Fish - H-bomb Song 201. Diddley, Bo - Gunslinger 202. Diddley, Bo - Eastern Thang 203. Diddley, Bo - Grand Grand Daddy 204. Diddley, Bo - Hey Bo Diddley 205. Diddley, Bo - Everybody Needs Somebody 206. Byrds, The - So You Want To Be A Rock'n'roll Star? 207. Byrds, The - Goin' Back 208. Byrds, The - This Wheel's On Fire 209. Moby Grape - It Depends On You 210. Moby Grape - Changes 211. Moby Grape - Leavin' 212. Moby Grape / Big Brother - Grape Jam 301. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Tupelo 302. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Old Folks Boo 303. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Evil 304. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Instrumental 305. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Bye Bye Baby 306. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Women Is Loser 307. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Call On Me 308. Big Brother & The Holding Company - Ball & Chain 309. Initial Shock - Big Boy 310. Initial Shock - Let Me Be Your Man 311. Initial Shock - Goin' Down Louisiana 312. Initial Shock - If You Gotta Go, Go Now / Jam 401. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Susie Q 402. Santana - Treat / Drums 403. Santana - Jingo 404. Miller, Steve Band - Steppin' High 405. Miller, Steve Band - Can You Feel Your Daddy's Hea 406. Miller, Steve Band - Blues With A Feeling 407. Miller, Steve Band - Living In The Usa 408. Miller, Steve Band - Steppin' Stone 409. Sparrow, The - Corrina, Corrina 410. Sparrow, The - Baby Please Don't Go 411. Sparrow, The - Searchin' 412. Sparrow, The - Things Won't Be The Same / Jam 413. Doors, The - Who Do You Love 501. Final Solution, The - Announcements / Intro 502. Final Solution, The - Tell Me Again 503. Final Solution, The - Bleeding Roses 504. Final Solution, The - If You Want 505. Final Solution, The - You Say You Love Me / Got My 506. Final Solution, The - Time Is Here & Now 507. Final Solution, The - Bo Diddley Meets Sandy Nelso 508. Final Solution, The - Truck Drivin' Son Of A Gun 509. Final Solution, The - Just Like Gold 510. Final Solution, The - Misty Mind 511. Final Solution, The - So Long Goodbye 512. Final Solution, The - America The Beautiful
Ksi±żki & Multimedia > Ksi±żki
Opis - Janis Joplin - amerykańska piosenkarka i instrumentalistka, autorka tekstów, malarka, uznana za jedn± z największych rockowych, soulowych i bluesowych ¶piewaczek - magazyn "Rolling Stone" w rankingu 100 Najważniejszych Artystów Wszech Czasów umie¶cił j± na miejscu 46. Popularno¶ć zdobyła u boku zespołu Big Brother & the Holding Company, póĽniej z Kozmic Blues i Full Tilt Boogie Band oraz wieloma innymi zespołami i instrumentalistami. Choć jej intensywna i błyskotliwa kariera trwała krótko, zaledwie kilka lat - zaczynała w niewielkich klubach, by potem na Monterey Pop Festival w 1967 roku zdobyć status gwiazdy, a następnie występować na największych scenach i festiwalach w Stanach Zjednoczonych, jak choćby na legendarnym Woodstock - pozostawiła po sobie wiele znakomitych utworów, które do dzi¶ inspiruj± młodych artystów. Jej głos, charyzma, niezwykły talent piosenkarski przeszły już do legendy, a nagrała zaledwie cztery albumy studyjne [dwa z Big Brother & the Holding Company, dwa solowe z udziałem dwóch różnych zespołów muzyków], z czego ostatni został wydany niedługo po jej ¶mierci. Perła powstała głównie na podstawie oryginalnych wywiadów z przyjaciółmi, kochankami, szkolnymi kolegami, współlokatorami i s±siadami Janis Joplin oraz jej kolegami z pracy: członkami zespołów, menedżerami, projektantami kostiumów, autorami piosenek, członkami ekip technicznych, organizatorami festiwali rockowych, szefami przemysłu fonograficznego i kierownikami hoteli, w których zatrzymywała się podczas tras koncertowych. Nazwa - Perła. Obsesje i namiętno¶ci Janis Joplin. Autor - Ellis Amburn Oprawa - Miękka Wydawca - In Rock Kod ISBN - 9788360157961 Kod EAN - 9788360157961 Wydanie - 1 Rok wydania - 2015 Język - polski Tłumacz - Drapińska Lidia Format - 14.0x20.5cm Ilo¶ć stron - 456 Podatek VAT - 5% Premiera - 2015-06-24
Companies established in 1874 Books LLC, Reference Series
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Source: Wikipedia. Pages: 30. Chapters: R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Warnaco Group, Mauser, Piaget SA, ADT Security Services, Pacific Press Publishing Association, Schindler Group, Frank Cooper's, Detroit Copper Mining Company of Arizona, Leeds Forge Company, Hunting plc, Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Company, Watts & Co, Nycomed, Higgs and Hill, Batemans Brewery, MM Cohn, The Fair Store, Norsk Elektrisk & Brown Boveri, Bleichert, Khatau, J. B. White, London Life Insurance Company, Reeves & Co., Rieker Shoes, Höffner, Yazoo/Kees, Dreffa, Brenntag, Commercial National Bank. Excerpt: The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE: WRC) is an American textile/apparel corporation which designs, sources, markets, licenses, and distributes a wide range of intimate apparel, sportswear, and swimwear worldwide. Its products are sold under several brand names including Calvin Klein, Speedo, Chaps, Warner's, and Olga. Lucien Warner, 1889. Dr. Warner's Coraline Health Corset In the late 19th century, Dr. Lucien Warner, a prominent physician gave up his Cortlandville, NY practice to begin a new career on the medical lecturing circuit, specializing in women's health issues. Dr. Warner lectured about the harmful effects of the rigid steel-boned corsets of the time. After seeing how little influence his lectures had on women's attitudes towards fashion, he returned to his New York home and began a more aggressive approach to fighting the ills caused by the corset. In 1873, he designed a corset that provided both the shape desired by women and the flexibility required to allow some movement and reduce injuries caused by previous designs. The next year, Lucien Warner and his brother Dr. Ira De Ver Warner gave up their medical practices and founded Warner Brothers Corset Manufacturers. Dr. Warner's Coraline Health Corsets, as they were marketed, were made up of two pieces of cloth which were laced or clasped together. These revolutionary undergarments also featured shoulder straps and more flexible boning and lateral bust supports made of Coraline, a product of the fibers of the Mexican Ixtle plant. By 1876, the popularity of this new, more flexible design had grown in popularity so much so that the company moved its manufacturing operations to Bridgeport, CT, where approximately 1,200 people were employed to produce approximately 6,000 corsets daily. In 1883 Harper's Bazaar advertised the four most popular corsets in America as Dr. Warner's models The success of the Warners' designs had made the brothers millionaires and in 1894 they retired and turned control of the company ov
Living with the Myth of Janis Joplin BERTRAMS
Ksi±żki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
To many people, Big Brother and the Holding Company has always meant Janis Joplin. Big Brother, who gave Janis a platform for success by giving her the freedom and the energy to develop her musical style, were considered amateurish and unprofessional by many reviewers. Simply put, Janis Joplin's fame and glory overshadowed the band. This book tells the band's story, how difficult it was to find an identity separate from Joplin's towering talent. Big Brother and the Holding Company were and are far more than a Janis Joplin backup band. Big Brother were the pioneers of the San Francisco sound and are among the outstanding representatives of psychedelic music. This book describes the life story of each of the members of Big Brother: where they came from, what their roots were, how they see their time with Janis Joplin, and what they experienced afterwards. It has been written with the close participation of the musicians themselves.
szukaj w Kangoo krainaksiazek brother of a company 20088106
Sklepy zlokalizowane w miastach: Warszawa, Kraków, ŁódĽ, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
Szukaj w sklepach lub całym serwisie
t1=0.064, t2=0, t3=0, t4=0.03, t=0.064