krainaksiazek summer before the dark 20109834
- znaleziono 53 produkty w 4 sklepach
Książki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Fiction & related items>Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
The Story Of A Middle-aged Woman's Search For Freedom, From Doris Lessing, Winner Of The Nobel Prize For Literature.
Książki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Biography & True Stories>Collected biographiesKsiążki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Biography & True Stories&...
A BBC Radio 4 Book Of The Week Ostend, 1936: As Fascism And War Threaten Europe, The Seaside Town Is Playing Host To Exiled Artists And Intellectuals. Among Them Are Stefan Zweig - A Man In Crisis, Seeking Refuge In Ostend With His Lover Lotte - And His Estranged Friend Joseph Roth.
Summer Before the Dark FLAMINGO
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
The story of a middle-aged woman's search for freedom, from Doris Lessing, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature. Her four children have flown, her husband is otherwise occupied, and after twenty years of being a good wife and mother, Kate Brown is free for a summer of adventure. She plunges into an affair with a younger man, travelling abroad with him, and, on her return to England, meets an extraordinary young woman whose charm and freedom of spirit encourages Kate in her own liberation. Kate's new life has brought her a strange unhappiness, but as the summer months unfold, a darker, disquieting journey begins, devastating in its consequences. A novel of self-discovery that bears the hallmarks of Lessing's brilliance, honesty and power to move the reader, 'The Summer Before the Dark' has been hailed by some as Lessing's best book.
Dark Guardian #2 HarperTeen
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Chapter OneSupposedly, dreams reflect our hidden fears and secret desires, all clamoring for attention. The one I'd had last night had been so vivid that even now, as evening drew near, it still made me squirm in my chair. I sat against a wall in the counsel room where the elders and the Dark Guardians--protectors of our society--were discussing how best to ensure our survival. Because I hadn't yet experienced my first transformation, I was considered a novice and was not allowed to sit at the large, round table with the others. This was okay by me, because it gave me the freedom to let my mind wander--without anyone noticing that I wasn't paying attention.In my dream, I'd been standing in a clearing with my declared mate, Connor, our arms wrapped around each other so tightly that we could barely breathe. The full moon served as a spotlight.Then dark clouds drifted over the moon, and everything went black. Still holding him near, I was acutely aware of the muscles and bones in his body undulating against me. He grew taller and broader. My fingers were in his hair, and I felt the strands thicken and lengthen. His mouth covered mine, but his lips were fuller than before. The kiss was hungrier than any he'd ever given me. It heated me from head to toe, and I thought I knew what it was to be a candle, melting from the scorching flame. I knew I should move away, but I clung to him as though I'd drown in a sea of doubts if I let go.The hovering clouds floated away, and the moonlight illuminated us once again--only I was no longer in Connor's arms. Instead I was pressing my body against Rafe's, kissing him, yearning for his touch. . . .I shifted uncomfortably in my chair with the memory of how desperately I'd wanted Rafe. It was Connor I was supposed to long for. But I'd woken up in a tangle of sheets, clamoring for another of Rafe's touches--even if it were only in a dream.Squirming again, I felt a sharp elbow in my ribs."Be still, will you?" Brittany Reed whispered harshly beside me. Like me, she would soon be turning seventeen and would experience her first transformation with the next full moon.I'd known Brittany since kindergarten. We were friends, but I'd never felt as close to her as I did to Kayla--whom I'd met only last summer, when her adoptive parents had brought her to the park to face her past. We'd connected on a deep level almost as soon as we met. We'd spent the past year sharing our lives through emails, text messages, and phone calls.During the last full moon she'd discovered that she was one of us and that Lucas Wilde was her destined mate. I can't imagine how frightening it would be to have so little time to prepare. We Shifters can't control the first transformation. When the full moon rises, our bodies react to its call. But now Kayla sat at the table with the others. The summer solstice, the longest day of the year, is usually a time when as many of our kind as possible come together to celebrate our existence. But this year a pall hung over us as we gathered at Wolford, a village hidden deep within a huge national forest near the Canadian border. All that remained there of what had once been a vibrant community were a few small buildings and the massive, mansionlike structure that serves as the home of the elders who rule over us. The residence also houses most of us when we're here for the solstice celebration.We've always been a secret society. Even though we have lived among the rest of the world, we show our true selves only to each other. But recently, we discovered that Lucas's older brother had betrayed us by telling someone in the outside world about our existence. Now some scientists who work for a medical research company called Bio-Chrome were determined to capture us and discover what makes us tick--or more important, what makes us transform. They wanted to patent this ability, develop it, and use it for their own financial gain. But being dissected and studied wasn't how any of us wanted to spend our summer vacation.Although we hadn't seen any signs of Bio-Chrome scientists since Lucas and Kayla had escaped from their clutches, none of us believed they'd given up their quest so easily. We were all on edge because we could sense an impending confrontation--the way animals sense a coming storm. Nature had made us attuned to danger. It was the reason we hadn't gone the way of the dinosaur.
Whistling in the Dark New Amer Library
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
"It was the summer on Vliet Street when we all started locking our doors..." Sally O'Malley made a promise to her daddy before he died. She swore she'd look after her sister, Troo. Keep her safe. But like her Granny always said-actions speak louder than words. Now, during the summer of 1959, the girls' mother is hospitalized, their stepfather has abandoned them for a six pack, and their big sister, Nell, is too busy making out with her boyfriend to notice that Sally and Troo are on the Loose. And so is a murderer and molester. Highly imaginative Sally is pretty sure of two things. Who the killer is. And that she's next on his list. Now she has no choice but to protect herself and Troo as best she can, relying on her own courage and the kindness of her neighbors.
Tall Dark Stranger / The Bear Family Records
1. Tall Dark Stranger 2. I've Got A Happy Heart 3. Somewhere Between 4. Just A Few More Days 5. Lonesome Valley 6. My Savior Leads The Way 7. But You Know I Love You 8. Today I Started Loving You Again 9. I'm A Natural Loser 10. The Biggest Storm Of All 11. If I Had You (By My Side) 12. Down At The Corner Bar 13. Nobody But You 14. Lay A Little Light On Me 15. Catfish Capers 16. Bossanova Buckaroo Style 17. Sweet-t-pie 18. Roll Your Own 19. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder 20. That Old Time Religion 21. Big In Vegas 22. Love Is Strange 23. Cinderella 24. I'll Be All Right Tomorrow 25. Hurry Come Running Back To Me 26. Ensenada 27. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down 28. Take Care Of You For Me In Kansas City 29. One More Time 30. Goin' Home To The Bayou 31. Country Pickin' 32. Rompin ' & Stompin' 101. We Were Made For Each Other 102. Everybody Needs Somebody 103. Togetherness 104. The Kansas City Song 105. I'd Love To Be Your Man 106. Together Again 107. Fallin' For You 108. Cryin' Time 109. Foolin' Around 110. Down In New Orleans 111. The Wind Blows Every Day In Oklahoma 112. Full Time Daddy 113. The Great White Horse 114. Black Texas Dirt 115. Bring Back My Peace Of Mind 116. Guitar Pickin' Man 117. Dublin Waltz 118. I'd Love To Be Your Man 119. Cajun Steel Guitar 120. Fishin' Reel 121. Potter's Field 122. When I'm With You 123. Pick-nickin' 124. Boot Hill 125. Up On Cripple Creek 126. (It's A Long Way To) London Town 127. Scandinavian Polka 128. Amsterdam 201. Let The World Keep On A Turnin' 202. High As The Mountains 203. Today I Started Loving You Again 204. I've Never Had A Dream Come True Before 205. Tennessee Bird Walk 206. Then Maybe I Can Get Some Sleep 207. Your Tender Loving Care 208. Think Of Me 209. I Thank Him For Sending Me You 210. I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me) 211. I Wouldn't Live In New York City (If They Gave Me 212. No Milk & Honey In Baltimore 213. Reno Lament 214. Houston-town 215. Santo Domingo 216. Down In New Orleans 217. The Wind Blows Every Day In Chicago 218. (It's A Long Way To) Londontown 219. The Kansas City Song 220. Big In Vegas 221. Reno Lament 222. No Milk & Honey In Baltimore 223. Bridge Over Troubled Water 224. I Am A Rock 225. Homeward Bound 226. The Devil Made Me Do That 227. Everything Reminds Me You're Gone 228. Catch The Wind 229. San Francisco Town 230. Within My Loving Arms 231. (I'm Goin') Home 232. Love Minus Zero - No Limit 301. Ring Of Fire 302. Last Date 303. El Paso 304. King Of The Road 305. Orange Blossom Special 306. Tall Dark Stranger 307. Detroit City 308. Gentle On My Mind 309. It's Such A Pretty World Today 310. Okie From Muskogee 311. Ruby (Are You Mad) 312. Heartbreak Mountain 313. Uncle Pen 314. Corn Liquor 315. Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms 316. I Know You're Married But I Love You Still 317. Ashes Of Love 318. Ole Slew Foot 319. Rocky Top 320. Salty Dog Blues 321. One Of Everything You Got 322. Home On Christmas Day 323. All I Want For Christmas Is My Daddy 324. A Very Merry Christmas 325. It's Not What You Give 326. Good Old Fashioned Country Christmas 327. Christmas Ain't Christmas Dear Without You 328. Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy 329. Santa's Gonna Come In A Stagecoach 330. Tomorrow Is Christmas Day 401. Too Old To Cut The Mustard 402. Wham Bam 403. Pfft You Were (Was) Gone 404. You're A Real Good Friend 405. Tobacco White Lightning & Women Blues No. 2 406. I Won't Go Huntin' With You Jake (But I'll Go Chas 407. Cigareets, Whuskey & Wild, Wild Women 408. Beautiful Morning Glory 409. I'll Still Be Waiting For You 410. Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man) 411. Today I Started Loving You Again 412. The Fightin' Side Of Me 413. Silver Wings 414. Okie From Muskogee 415. The Legend Of Bonnie & Clyde 416. Hungry Eyes 417. Swinging Doors 418. I Take A Lot Of Pride In What I Am 419. Mama Tried 420. Made In Japan 421. Arms Full Of Empty 422. Ain't It Amazing, Gracie 423. Looking Back To See 424. You Ain't Gonna Have Ol' Buck To Kick Around No Mo 501. I Love You So Much It Hurts 502. There Goes My Love 503. Sweethearts In Heaven 504. A Whole Lot Of Somethin' 505. Get Out Of Town Before Sundown 506. Something's Wrong 507. In The Palm Of Your Hand 508. The Good Old Days (Are Here Again) 509. I Know That You Know (That I Love You) 510. When You Get Back From Nashville 511. When You Get To Heaven (I'll Be There) 512. Long Hot Summer 513. Streets Of Bakersfield 514. She's Had All The Dreamin' She Can Stand 515. Your Monkey Won't Be Home Tonight 516. The Good Old Days (Are Here Again) 517. Old Faithful 518. Take A Taste Of My Wine 519. I Think I'm Going To Like Loving You 520. Sweethearts In Heaven 521. I've Got A Happy Heart 522. Arms Full Of Empty 523. All The Dreamin' They Can Stand 524. Honey... Let's Fall In Love 525. When You Get To Heaven (I'll Be There) 526. Love Makes The World Go Round 601. Love Makes The World Go Around 602. Loving You 603. I Won't Be Needing You 604. Songwriter's Lament 605. That Loving Feeling 606. Someday I'm Gonna Go To Mexico 607. Colors I'm Gonna Paint The Town 608. It Never Will Be Over For Me 609. Happy Hour 610. Your Daddy Was A Preacher (And Your Mama Was A Dan 611. Hello Trouble 612. Big Game Hunter 613. (It's A) Monsters' Holiday 614. I Wish I Was A Butterfly 615. John Law 616. Stony Mountain West Virginia 617. Let The Fun Begin 618. Holdin' On 619. Great Expectations 620. All Around Cowboy Of 1964 701. Meanwhile Back At The Ranch 702. On The Cover Of The Music City News 703. Great Expectations 704. Amazing Love 705. I Love 706. You're Gonna Love Yourself In The Morning 707. Kiss An Angel Good Mornin' 708. Pass Me By (If You're Only Passing Through) 709. 41st Street Lonely Hearts' Club 710. Weekend Daddy 711. I Finally Gave Her Enough Rope 712. Run Him To The Roundhouse Nellie 713. Drifting Away 714. He Ain't Been Out Bowlin' With The Boys 715. It's Been A Long, Long Time 716. A Different Kind Of Sad 717. You Don't Find Work In Pool Rooms (And Love Don't 718. How's Everything 719. California Oakie 720. The Battle Of New Orleans 721. Country Singer's Prayer 722. Mexican Jumping Bean
Książki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Fiction & related items>SagasKsiążki Obcojęzyczne>Angielskie>Fiction & related items>Modern & contem...
Natasha's Dance Penguin
Powieści i opowiadania
Eighty Days Blue Orion
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
Recently settled in New York, fiery, flame-haired musician Summer Zahova is enjoying life as a violinist with a major orchestra. Under the watchful eye of Simon, her attractive Venezuelan conductor, Summer and her career flourish. But a new city, and her new found success, brings fresh temptations, and it isn't long before Summer is lured back to a dangerous underground world of intrigue and desire that she thought she'd left behind her for good. Meanwhile wealthy university professor Dominik, frustrated by his life in London without Summer, is drawn to New York to be with the woman he now knows he cannot live without. But while Dominik believes he can protect Summer from her dark side, little does he realise that his own passions could end up being far more destructive to them both. The addictive second book in Vina Jackson's bestselling romance trilogy is exciting, enticing and full of surprises.
Easy Listening - Relaxed Exotica And Space-age-pop Intense Media
1. Dearly Beloved 2. Falling In Love With Love 3. Mad About The Boy 4. I Only Have Eyes For You 5. Heart Of Paris 6. Somebody Loves Me 7. I Love You Truly 8. A Kiss In The Dark 9. Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup 10. It's Not For Me To Say 11. La Taille 12. I Love You 13. If I Loved You 14. I'd Love To Live In Loveland 15. Are You Lonesome Tonight? 101. Summer Love 102. Because Of You 103. Harbor Lights 104. On The Outside Looking In 105. Pretty Red Hibiscus 106. It's Dark On Observatory Hill 107. If You've Forgotten Me 108. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry 109. Mon Coer Est Un Violon 110. I Love Paris 111. Young At Heart 112. Unchained Melody 113. Sweet Someone 114. Lonely Wine 115. I'm So Alone 116. Wake The Town And Tell The People 201. I Can't Get Started 202. I See Your Face Before Me 203. Honest And Truly 204. Scalinatella 205. What In The World's Come Over You 206. Autumn Nocturne 207. Les Levres 208. I'll See You Again 209. Les Bras 210. A Garden In The Rain 211. Always 212. Les Yeux 213. Soon 214. Once In A While 215. Les Doigts 301. If I Had You 302. Suddenly 303. Magic Is The Moonlight 304. Portuguese Washerwoman 305. Gern Hab' Ich Die Frau'n Gekăľăźt 306. In The Blue Of The Evening 307. Dream 308. Spring Is Here 309. Stairways To The Stars 310. Erst Wenn's Aus Sein Wird 311. Little Bells And Big Bells 312. Poinciana 313. You Look Like Someone 314. Day By Day 315. You And The Night And The Music 316. Chelsea Bridge 401. Venus 402. Begin The Beguine 403. La Paloma 404. Wunderbar 405. Unchained Melody 406. Unforgettable 407. Nature Boy 408. Misty 409. Let It Be Me 410. Deep Purple 411. Ruby 412. Blueberry Hill 413. Tom Dooley 414. Mack The Knife 415. Volare (Nel Blu Di Pinto Di Blu) 501. The High And The Mighty 502. The Sound Of Music 503. Autumn Leaves 504. Dreamsville 505. Colonel Bogey March 506. Blue Star (The Medic Theme) 507. Song From Moulin Rouge 508. Theme From 'A Summer Place' 509. Wenn Der Weisse Flieder Wieder Bluht 510. The Third Man (Harry Lime Theme) 511. Soft Sounds 512. That Old Black Magic 513. Terry's Theme 514. Vera Cruz 515. Blues For Mother's 601. I've Never Left Your Arms 602. Quiet Village 603. Sophisticated Savage 604. Granada 605. Sombra P. Faith 606. Malaguena 608. Canadian Sunset 609. Shangri-la 610. Lei Aloha, Le! Makame 611. Island Of Dreams 612. Coronation 613. Waikiki Serenade 614. Ka Makani Ka'ili Aloha 615. Jungle Flower 701. Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered 702. Chanel 703. Slow And Easy 704. These Foolish Things 705. Invitation 706. Little White Lies 707. I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) 708. Willow Weep For Me 709. Speak Low 710. Brief And Breezy 711. Nola 712. It Could Happen To You 713. Isn't It Romantic 714. Dream On A Summer Night 715. Sleepy Manhattan 801. The Kiss Waltz 802. Night Flight 803. On The Alamo 804. Night And Day 805. Bread, Love And Dreams 806. I'll See You In My Dreams 807. Wonderland By Night 808. Running Bear 809. Tico Tico 810. Frenesi 811. The Poor People Of Paris 812. Blue Tango 813. Merry Go Round 814. Vaya Con Dios 815. Tonight We Love 901. Mister Blue 902. Stars In My Eyes 903. The Little Lost Dog 904. South Pacific Moonlight 905. Le Lobe Des Oreilles 906. Then I'll Be Tired Of You 907. Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread) 908. Sunrise Serenade 909. Singing Bamboos 910. La Chevelure 911. I'll Be Around 912. I'm In The Mood For Love 913. Ich Kăľsse Ihre Hand, Madame 914. Who Cares 915. Adios
Under the Duvet Penguin
Powieści i opowiadania
'When people ask me what I do for a crust and I tell them that I'm a novelist, they immediately assume that my life is a non-stop carousel of limos, television appearances, hair-dos, devoted fans, stalkers and all the glitzy paraphernalia of being a public figure. It's time to set the record straight. I write alone, in a darkened bedroom, wearing my PJs, eating bananas, my laptop on a pillow in front of me ...' Her novels are adored by millions around the world
First Four Albums And. . COMPLETE 60S
1. A Song For Young Love 2. I'll Be Seeing You 3. Smile 4. It Happened Once Before 5. When I Fall In Love 6. The Way You Look Tonight 7. Come Back Silly Girl 8. Valley High 9. In The Still Of The Night 10. Dreamer 11. There's Got To Be A Girl 12. Blueberry Hill 13. Time Was (Duerme) 14. Young And Foolish 15. Lover's Beach 16. Polka Dots And Moonbeams 17. Evening Rain 18. Once Upon A Time 19. How Is Julie 20. My Funny Valentine 21. Remembering Last Summer 22. Sixteen Reasons (Why I Love You) 23. Summer's Gone 24. Turn Around, Look At Me 25. When I Fall In Love (Single Version) (Mono) 26. That's My Desire 27. Wanted (Mono) 28. Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring (Mono) 29. When (Mono) 30. Two Hearts 101. Let It Be Me 102. I Will Love You 103. Love Me Tender 104. Michael 105. Summer's Come And Gone 106. A Tree In The Meadow 107. Silly Boy (She Doesn't Love You) 108. I Told The Stars 109. When You Wish Upon A Star 110. Lonely Little Girl 111. Unchained Melody 112. Again 113. The Whiffenpoof Song 114. Dream 115. Moments To Remember 116. All I Do Is Dream Of You 117. Graduation Day 118. No Other Love 119. The Halls Of Ivy 120. It's Dark On Observatory Hill 121. Ane Lisle 122. I'll See You In My Dreams 123. The Sweetheart Of Sigma Chi 124. The Party's Over 125. Allentown Jail (Mono) 126. Two Brothers (Mono) 127. (Son Of) Old Rivers (Mono) 128. Dutchman's Gold (Mono)
1. Zoot Swings The Blues (Take 1) 2. Zoot Swings The Blues (Take 2) 3. Trotting 4. I Wonder Who 5. It Had To Be You 6. My Silent Love 7. Jane-o 8. Dancing In The Dark 9. Memories Of You 10. East Of The Sun 1 11. September In The Rain 12. Down At The Loft 13. Ghost Of A Chance 14. Not So Deep 15. Them There Eyes 16. Our Pad 17. Dark Clouds 18. One To Blow On 101. Howdy Podner 102. Indian Summer 103. Leavin Town 104. Flyin' The Coop 105. Toot No.2 106. What's New 107. Hot Dog 108. So What 109. 920 Special 110. The Man I Love 111. 55th & State 112. The Blue Room 113. Gus's Blues 114. That Old Feeling 115. Bohemia After Dark 116. Woodyn' You 201. Jive At Five 202. Doggin' Around 203. Avalon 204. I Cried For You 205. Bill Bailey 206. Goodnight Sweetheart 207. There'llbbe Some Changes Made 208. I've Heard That Blues Before 209. Why Cry? 210. Echoes Of You 211. Swim, Jim 212. Here & Now 213. Fools Rush In 214. Osmosis 215. Taking A Chance On Love 301. I'll Remember April 302. Flamingo 303. There Will Never Be Another You 304. Red Door 305. You're Driving Me Crazy 306. Brushes 307. Choice Blues 308. Love For Sale 1 309. The Haunted Jazz Club 310. Desperation 311. Tangerine 312. Gone With The Wind 313. Harry Flicks 314. Suddenly Last Tuesday 401. P-town 402. I Like It Like That 403. Sweet Lorraine 404. Autumn Leaves 405. The Thing 406. I'm Tellin' Ya 407. Nagasaki 408. Morning Fun 409. Stompin' At The Savoy 410. Somebody Loves Me 411. Autumn Leaves 412. Blues In E Flat 501. Recado Bossa Nova (Part.1) 502. Recado Bossa Nova (Part.2) 503. Cano Canoe 504. Contando A Orquestra 505. Ciume 506. Maria Ninguen 507. Sem Saudades De Voce 508. Barquinho De Papel 509. Bernie's Tune 510. Poquito Cantando 511. Tickle Toe 512. Lonesome Road 513. Instant Samba 514. They Call The Wind Maria 515. Lover Come Back To Me 516. Nature Boy 517. Reaching For The Moon 518. Don't Fool With Love
Bunker Diary PUFFIN
Książki / Literatura obcojęzyczna
"Room" meets "Lord of the Flies", "The Bunker Diary" is award-winning, young adult writer Kevin Brooks' pulse-pounding exploration of what happens when your worst nightmare comes true - and how will you survive? I can't believe I fell for it. It was still dark when I woke up this morning. As soon as my eyes opened I knew where I was. A low-ceilinged rectangular building made entirely of whitewashed concrete. There are six little rooms along the main corridor. There are no windows. No doors. The lift is the only way in or out. What's he going to do to me? What am I going to do? If I'm right, the lift will come down in five minutes. It did. Only this time it wasn't empty...Praise for "The Bunker Diary": "[Kevin Brooks'] pacey plots ...have made him a cult among teens. This, though, is the big one. It should be read by everyone". (Amanda Craig, "The Times"). Kevin Brooks has won the Branford Boase Award and been shortlisted for the Guardian Children's Fiction Award, the Booktrust Teenage Prize, the Manchester Book Award and for the Carnegie Medal (for "Martyn Pig", "Road of the Dead" and "Black Rabbit Summer"). Kevin Brooks was born in Exeter and studied in Birmingham and London. He had a varied working life, with jobs in a crematorium, a zoo, a garage and a post office, before - happily - giving it all up to write books. Kevin is the author of "Being", "Black Rabbit Summer", "Killing God" (published as Dawn in the USA), "iBoy" and "Naked" for Penguin. He now lives in North Yorkshire. If you enjoyed "The Bunker Diary" and want to get inside more of your favourite books, then check out website for exclusive author interviews, competitions and much more.
szukaj w Kangoo krainaksiazek summer before the dark 20109834
Sklepy zlokalizowane w miastach: Warszawa, Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice
Szukaj w sklepach lub całym serwisie
t1=0.065, t2=0, t3=0, t4=0, t=0.065